Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Solar Panels to upgrade Preexisting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"matching" is meaningless from a technical perspective. It is only valid for vanity.
If you want a performance upgrade with your existing inverter or you want to R&R (rip and replace) everything, then tell them that. Any good solar installer can upgrade your existing system. Tesla Powerwalls are compatible with almost all grid tied solar inverters.

It appears the Panasonic panels that Tesla are currently releasing are made solely for Tesla but I did find these which are the prior release with similar specs and vanity. The reason why I want to replace the units is because Enphase allows for a low cost upgrade $67 for I7+ from the prior microinverter so it would be more cost effective to simply Swap out the old 250w panels and Microinverter M215 and run two systems. I'll prob be going with these as they are the prior generation panels with very similar specs, just gotta find a deal on these. As for vanity - yes, my wife wants it all to be matching so the roof doesnt look like garbage and effect resale. Panasonic 325 watt - Black Frame HIT Solar Panel - Wholesale Solar