Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

buying Tesla from non-tesla dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I buy Or sell a model 3 with acceleration boost to a non-tesla dealership. Will the AB stay with the model 3 or will tesla remove it once account ownership change?
Example sell model 3 AB to non-tesla dealership and a new buyer gets it from that dealer does the new buy get keep the AB when he takes over the account by uploading new ownership with tesla.

If I buy Or sell a model 3 with acceleration boost to a non-tesla dealership. Will the AB stay with the model 3 or will tesla remove it once account ownership change?
Example sell model 3 AB to non-tesla dealership and a new buyer gets it from that dealer does the new buy get keep the AB when he takes over the account by uploading new ownership with tesla.
If it was all through a private sale, it should stay with the car. If the third party dealership bought it at an auction (and it went through Tesla's hands) Tesla may strip all software options from the car. People have been burned on this for FSD, although I have not heard of acceleration boost removed in this way yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You asked this exact question (and received the same answer) in another thread, on June 6th of this year. The answer that @stopcrazypp gave you is what we understand about the topic.

Upvote 0