Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying Tesla from Victoria

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a 2017 MS90D on dec 27 (Sunday) from the Vancouver delivery center. Took the ferry as walk on, just a few dozen people upstairs on the ferry, a few people on the 620 bus. Then you have three different sky trains to take, where social distancing is difficult. Doing it on the weekend helps. At the delivery center they were processing 62 vehicles that day, checked in then got to look over vehicle in outdoor lot waiting for service advisor. Purchase took mm 15 min, but insurance took more like an hour if you get extra replacement insurance, plates, etc. Then some limited time with advisor to setup phone app and do minimal orientation. Straightforward drive back to ferry and you get to explore car features on the car deck.. The only part where it was difficult to manage social distancing was the sky train and a bit at the Tesla office, tho people there are trying to respect the situation. I’d suggest not doing during the week. Oh and leave home at 9am for 2 pm appt, arrive home at 9 pm...

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I picked up a 2017 MS90D on dec 27 (Sunday) from the Vancouver delivery center. Took the ferry as walk on, just a few dozen people upstairs on the ferry, a few people on the 620 bus. Then you have three different sky trains to take, where social distancing is difficult. Doing it on the weekend helps. At the delivery center they were processing 62 vehicles that day, checked in then got to look over vehicle in outdoor lot waiting for service advisor. Purchase took mm 15 min, but insurance took more like an hour if you get extra replacement insurance, plates, etc. Then some limited time with advisor to setup phone app and do minimal orientation. Straightforward drive back to ferry and you get to explore car features on the car deck.. The only part where it was difficult to manage social distancing was the sky train and a bit at the Tesla office, tho people there are trying to respect the situation. I’d suggest not doing during the week. Oh and leave home at 9am for 2 pm appt, arrive home at 9 pm...
Thank you! That is very helpful.