TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Buying Tesla with Bitcoin / Crypto ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Funktie, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Funktie

Funktie New Member

Hi!
    is anybody having experience buying Tesla with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. Probably it is not possible to purchase a car with crypto from a company?
    I have heard some people bought Tesla with bitcoin so I am interested how?

Thank you for your answers!
    Tim

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

Tesla accepts payments in traditional fiat currency only.

3. Funktie

Funktie New Member

Thank you!
    It is impossible to buy it wit cryptocurrencies but I have found few options where you can spend your crypto assets in store etc... Revolute, Wirex, Kriptomat etc. now the questions is what are the limits on those accounts.

4. OilAndGas

OilAndGas Member

Trying to duck the IRS? Don't. Auto purchases are one of the easiest ways to get caught.

5. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Don't think IRS applies to Slovenia. ;)

• Like x 1
  6. TOCNYS_Joe

TOCNYS_Joe Member

Give them time. A company as forward-thinking as Tesla will accept crypto eventually.

7. franklee

franklee Member

I hope this time will come sooner or late. I am trading crypto and hope to save some money for a new X model;) Does anybody know something about leverage trading via Monfex? I have been recommended by two fellows already and they said to be trusted guys. Still need to collect some reviews and get the whole picture:cool:

8. Anjumhameed

Anjumhameed Member

cryptocurrencies are no more secured so most of the reputable companies don't accept payment in them, Tesla only accepts flat currency or bank transaction etc.

9. mb300sd

mb300sd Member

I bought mine with bitcoin mining profits, but I had to sell and place a regular order. Blockfi.com might be an option if you want to get a loan backed in bitcoin. I have a 25 BTC deposited with them earning interest, but no experience with the loaning side.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. nathandev

nathandev New Member

Tesla will attract new investments if Tesla can create a cryptocurrency. e.g Tesla-token / TT and Tesla would be the first corporation with its own currency and everyone will have the opportunity to invest. It's not hard for Elon Musk.

If Tesla would do that it would be great and I would support this. The reason because Cryptocurrency is the future of money and it is more flexible and secure and will evolve in the future. As there's a lot of company and small car dealer accepting bitcoin that means you can buy with bitcoin many things.

Let's see which company launching its cryptocurrency before 2020.

• Like x 1
  11. JetFalcon

JetFalcon Member

I wish they would accept Dave and Busters tickets because I'm really good at one of the games there. If I could redeem the cheapest Tesla Model 3 at $35k, it should be worth 10.5 million tickets considering a $1000 iPad Pro 64gb is worth 300k tickets. So 300K x 35 = 10.5M tickets

According to by excel spreadsheet, I estimate I redeemed about 1.6 million tickets in 7 months. At my current average, I could probably win a base Model 3 Tesla for $12-14k if they offered one and ticket priced it to the same rate as the iPad Pro's retail price. That be super amazing.

But **** it will take forever! With my current game being only a 350 jackpot and each game takes like one minute.