Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used /new model Y from car dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im buying a 2021 300 mile Model Y from a car dealership. I know unfortunately it’s the only way I can get a Model Y. My question is the warranty. Does the 4 year 50 k warranty gets transferred or is it void since I’m not the original owner and didn’t buy it through Tesla ? Thank you in advance want to see would definitely help me .

Im buying a 2021 300 mile Model Y from a car dealership. I know unfortunately it’s the only way I can get a Model Y. My question is the warranty. Does the 4 year 50 k warranty gets transferred or is it void since I’m not the original owner and didn’t buy it through Tesla ? Thank you in advance want to see would definitely help me .
Shouldn't you be asking the dealership? And get their answer in writing.

• Disagree
Reactions: KentheJ
I know back in 2018 when I sold a 2017 to a dealer, Tesla was questing who I sold the car to. It was on an email form. I called and question why does it matter. They mention this deals with the warranty. private sale, the warranty stays with the car. 3party the warranty is not transferable. I know that things are different now but I sure would get something in writing from someone. Never assume anything in any transaction.

You can check the options in your car under control> auto pilot
Or go to highway and double click on your drive stalk and see if it engages.

or see if the upgrade is an option on your account:
How do I purchase an Autopilot upgrade?
You can purchase Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability at any time through your Tesla Account – and the Autopilot software required will be added to your car.

Hope you enjoy yours as much I have. It still blows my mind when using.

You can check the options in your car under control> auto pilot
Or go to highway and double click on your drive stalk and see if it engages.

or see if the upgrade is an option on your account:
How do I purchase an Autopilot upgrade?
You can purchase Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability at any time through your Tesla Account – and the Autopilot software required will be added to your car.

Hope you enjoy yours as much I have. It still blows my mind when using.
Also you can just check software in the car

Attachments

• FE1F83C5-9403-4FDC-B7CB-83009B481B4F.jpeg
    FE1F83C5-9403-4FDC-B7CB-83009B481B4F.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 96