Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used Tesla besides Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello members.

Tesla used tesla is great because they give 4 years warranty.
But you cannot see and test drive the car.

I do regularly check inventory.
and also shift motors.

The latter you can see the vehicle. and I see some still have 4 years warranty.

Anyone here has experience with Shift motors?

Greatly appreciate you inputs.

Side note I already have model 3 LRRWD. Like to get into a second one used. Thinking Model S.

Thanks

Thank you guys for your input.

@zws002
I am checking both Tesla site and Shift motors.
Problem with Tesla is you don not see the car. But great warranty.
Some from shift has 4 years warranty.

I am in no rush, doing my due diligence now.

At least I see some members here had good experience with Shift.

I didn’t buy a car from Shift, obviously I don’t think much of them. They say they sell a lot of cars, strange as the cars I enquirers about 6 months ago that were sold were still on their site 4 months later, personally I wouldn’t give them the time of day.

Yes, every car I called about was sold, then because I was watching the sites I noted the same smears were there months after. I believe they leave them on the site because it makes the stock and prices look favorable. I found a car that checked all the boxes and the problems highlighted on the pictures they sent were rectified before I picked up. There was a stone chip on the front and a scratch on the rear bumper deck that has been touched up that saved me from buying a touch up kit. The tires were replaced for brand new ones and the worn mats were in the trunk with a new set of winter mats put in. It lost 6% of range in 96k of driving in its 3 years. I don’t like to haggle on prices and not keen on spending lots of time on the phone, so I actually prefer the minimal contact from Tesla and their approach. The warranty was worth more than free supercharging, which was the only benefit of buying 3rd party, and finding a car with a 72A charger was challenging enough without going through the cat and mouse game shift wanted me to.

Yes, every car I called about was sold, then because I was watching the sites I noted the same smears were there months after. I believe they leave them on the site because it makes the stock and prices look favorable. I found a car that checked all the boxes and the problems highlighted on the pictures they sent were rectified before I picked up. There was a stone chip on the front and a scratch on the rear bumper deck that has been touched up that saved me from buying a touch up kit. The tires were replaced for brand new ones and the worn mats were in the trunk with a new set of winter mats put in. It lost 6% of range in 96k of driving in its 3 years. I don’t like to haggle on prices and not keen on spending lots of time on the phone, so I actually prefer the minimal contact from Tesla and their approach. The warranty was worth more than free supercharging, which was the only benefit of buying 3rd party, and finding a car with a 72A charger was challenging enough without going through the cat and mouse game shift wanted me to.

Thank you.

Hey sorry to revive this thread, but I'm looking into Shift Motors from here in Alberta as it seems to be the only place with inventory for a Model S 100D. Those with experience with them, are they generally firm on price, or do you have the ability to haggle with them? Are they open to lots of questions etc...? Thanks

@Venom21

I don't have personal experience, but I believe it is a good place to check.
Also check Tesla site for used... Now no inventory.. You will get balance of warranty plus 1 year with Tesla.

I got mine last year and fixed everything within 10 days of ownership. All good since, enjoy it.
lol I've been checking for CPO for over a month. There have been 3-4 listings, all gone within days. I'm not holding my breath.

Hey sorry to revive this thread, but I'm looking into Shift Motors from here in Alberta as it seems to be the only place with inventory for a Model S 100D. Those with experience with them, are they generally firm on price, or do you have the ability to haggle with them? Are they open to lots of questions etc...? Thanks
Typically they are firm on prices, but it never hurts to try to negotiate a better price.