Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying used Tesla question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at purchasing a used 21/22 Model 3 Performance from a dealer. (Trading in my Audi).

I'm curious how the ownership transfer works as there is no key essentially and an App. Is there a way to contact Tesla regarding new owner or would a pre owned dealer know how to do this? I imagine I just install the app on my phone but there must be some transfer process.

I am looking at purchasing a used 21/22 Model 3 Performance from a dealer. (Trading in my Audi).

I'm curious how the ownership transfer works as there is no key essentially and an App. Is there a way to contact Tesla regarding new owner or would a pre owned dealer know how to do this? I imagine I just install the app on my phone but there must be some transfer process.

Have you reviewed the information that tesla puts out about this? Also, there is a "key"... the keycards are the keys, and the used dealer should have at least one of them for the vehicle.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
And if they only have one key card, they are not expensive like typical key fobs. $35 for two.

Download Tesla app and add vehicle by vin, they’ll ask you for proof of ownership, I sent them a picture of my registration and license, it took a day and half then I got a notification on my phone from app and car Will be linked to your account, don’t factory reset or delete any of the key cards until you link you car to your account,cheers and congrats, I also traded in my Audi for m3

Reactions: 1flossedm3