Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying winter tires - Should I get separate wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
definitely a winter wheels set is much better. I bought a ICE X3 and installed them on my stock rim.. I bought a set Satin Black R241 and installed the stock tires on them..This are for my Model 3 and I'm going to do same for my Model Y and get the space grey R241..
ha, good choice. i did the exact same thing, except i bought Continental Viking contact 7 winter tires for my Model 3

I'm expecting to take delivery of my M3 in a few weeks but I want to order my winter tires in advance so they're ready right away. Do you recommend buying separate wheels and TPMS for them or just use the original wheels and have the tires swapped on them every winter? My preferred tire shop (Extreme Wheel and Tire in Richmond Hill) is recommending the R241 wheels if I do go that way.
With respect. Whether buying or leasing your Tesla, I believe it is a significant enough investment to warrant the extra spend on rims, tyres and BT TPMS. Just my 2¢.

Reactions: Vawlkus
I have found the Michelin X-Ice to be good winter tires with decent response and traction. Just don't let the tire pressure get low as they will then feel sloppy. Definitely get TPMS from Tesla. Rims are a personal choice but I advise against plain black steel rims. You've already spent so much $$ on you car; spend a little on nicer rims.