TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Buzzing static noise

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Sam A, Aug 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sam A

Sam A New Member

Hello
    I feel that I should share this issue with you all. Got my Tesla Model X 2 months ago. Today, a weird buzzing noise started coming out of the speakers even when the radio and all media is off. It only goes off for few seconds if I push the Voice Command button on the steering wheel but the noise comes back once the voice command goes off. Turned the volume down all the way but the noise is still coming out and loud.
    I wonder if any of you had this issue and if you did, what solved this problem? I am definitely calling the service department tomorrow.

2. Sam A

Sam A New Member

Just a follow up. After reading few more posts on buzzing noise, I figured I should turn the navigation sound down or off to see if it works and it did. The noise is still there in background but at least I don't hear it. So for now no voice from navigation guidance until I get it serviced.

3. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Very interesting. I've had the nav voice muted since a few weeks after getting the car, I wonder if mine does it.
    Having said that, there's a new nav in the works apparently.

4. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Have you tried to reset the main console by holding down the two thumbwheels on the steering wheel for 8 seconds? If that doesn't work, try holding down the buttons above the thumbwheels for 8 seconds. Let us know if that works.