Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

By 2030 Electric Vehicles with a 200 mile range will be lower cost than the cheapest car sold in the

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find this highly unlikely as just any car will probably cost more by 2030. EVs, though, will probably no more expensive than ICE cars.

I think they mean in constant dollars or adjusted for inflation.

Tesla electric powertrains will likely achieve cost parity with gasoline powertrains by 2020( maybe a year or two later).

Meaning equivalent horsepower,torque and range.

The rest of the industry by 2025-27.

By 2030 the cost to manufacture equivalent electric powertrains should be much lower.

I doubt it.

The safety nazis and lawyers want a bigger and bigger piece of the auto industry pie as time goes on.

No cars will be as cheap in the 2030 as 2015 because of the increased overhead on all cars for mandated equipment, bureaucracy costs, lawsuit avoidance and payouts.

Technology and productively reduce prices, but not as fast as our legal system increases parasitic losses.

I doubt it.

The safety nazis and lawyers want a bigger and bigger piece of the auto industry pie as time goes on.

No cars will be as cheap in the 2030 as 2015 because of the increased overhead on all cars for mandated equipment, bureaucracy costs, lawsuit avoidance and payouts.

Technology and productively reduce prices, but not as fast as our legal system increases parasitic losses.
I don't understand. You'd rather drive an unsafe car?

The cars manufactured for South America get a 0 crash test rating. Why? No safety standards.
Global NCAP Asks GM To Improve South American Cars After Record Zero-Star Ratings

I don't understand. You'd rather drive an unsafe car?

The cars manufactured for South America get a 0 crash test rating. Why? No safety standards.
Global NCAP Asks GM To Improve South American Cars After Record Zero-Star Ratings

The UN is does not dictate auto safety to countries. Latin America wants cheap "people's cars", so the Chinese and Indians are allowed in the market. GM cars built in China for 3rd world nations allow affordable cars for everyone. They are less than 1/2 the price of American cars.

The GM Chinese cars are not the worst though. There are 4 other companies with worse cars: http://www.globalncap.org/wp-conten...in-NCAP-comparative-safety-ranking-of-GM1.pdf

So that's enough for FUD crap. Yes, everybody knows small Chinese and Indian cars are very cheap and very dangerous.

In the US, I don't get a choice whether I drive a safe car or not. The Cellphone Industry made that decision for me.

No car is safe in a crash. There are ones with a better equipment and worse equipment, but people die every day in 5/5/5/5 star cars.

But I will admit the $500 worth of tire air pressure technology probably saved my life many times.

Wait. I have runflats. Nevermind. :D

No car is safe in a crash. There are ones with a better equipment and worse equipment, but people die every day in 5/5/5/5 star cars.

Talking about pulling a stat out of your rear.

How many people die in a Tesla every day?

In a Mercedes S Class?

Volvo says they will have the technology so no one will die inside their cars in a few years.

There are safer and less safe cars right now.

When you drive a car you don't just put yourself at risk you put your passengers at risk as well as other drivers,passengers and pedestrians. So no, you shouldn't have complete say how dangerous your car is .

China and India also has pollution controls on their cars from three generation ago Western cars.

Talking about pulling a stat out of your rear.

How many people die in a Tesla every day?

In a Mercedes S Class?

Volvo says they will have the technology so no one will die inside their cars in a few years.

There are safer and less safe cars right now.

When you drive a car you don't just put yourself at risk you put your passengers at risk as well as other drivers,passengers and pedestrians. So no, you shouldn't have complete say how dangerous your car is .

China and India also has pollution controls on their cars from three generation ago Western cars.

There are lots of 5/5/5/5 star cars. Camaro is just one. Mustang is another. Kia Optima, Caddy ATS/CTS, etc. Mercedes Benz AFAIK does not sell a 2011+ 5/5/5/5 car in the US.

There are about 3,500 people killed each day in cars. I find it hard to believe none were 5 star cars.

Crashes are going up, and fatalities per mile are leveling off even though the fleet is getting much, much safer each day.

At some point we will need to address the problem. The problem is that running into things is the #1 killer in auto related deaths, and virtually all are preventable.

In any case, it is pretty damn smug of us to tell poor people they cannot drive because they cannot afford a 5/5/5/5 car. But that is our liberal ways. We always know what is best for others.

There are about 3,500 people killed each day in cars. I find it hard to believe none were 5 star cars.

In other words stat pulled from arse for effect.

The safest cars on the road, Model S and S Class, don't have people dying in them everyday.

IF you drive 150 mph plus into a concrete wall there is nothing that will keep you alive.

In any case, it is pretty damn smug of us to tell poor people they cannot drive because they cannot afford a 5/5/5/5 car. But that is our liberal ways. We always know what is best for others.

I think it is pretty damn smug to tell poor people their lives are less valuable than rich people's lives. Par for the course for elitist pretending to be populist.

The equivalent of Indians and Chinese people buying unsafe polluting $9k cars is working class Americans buying safer cleaner 3 year old used Federalized cars.