Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

By default, watched threads page hides threads started by users I've ignored

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The watched threads page "/tmc/watched/threads" now seems to hide any threads started by users I've ignored, using an "is-ignored" CSS class. I can see how that might seem like a good idea, but it makes for unexpected behavior when the thread has one or more unread posts from someone who isn't on my ignore list.

Seems to me that a watched page should be shown whenever it has new posts from anyone not on my ignore list, because I'm probably watching the thread for a reason. Hope that makes sense.

Workaround: select "Show ignored content" at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your feedback on that. I think the way it is currently, is more intuitive, however I also see how it can be less ideal functionally. So I think there are pros and cons to both behaviors.
Thanks for the reply — and for all your hard work around here.

🤔 I can't argue with "intuitive", because even though I disagree it's subjective on both sides. Instead maybe it's more useful to aim for consistency? That might be a little more objective.

Currently the way "watched/threads" handles ignored content seems inconsistent with thread views.
  • In a thread view, posts by ignored users aren't displayed; but if someone else replies to ignored content, the thread view shows a placeholder.
  • In "watched/threads", threads created by ignored users aren't displayed — not even when replied to by someone else.
  • In "watched/threads", threads created by non-ignored users are displayed, even when the latest reply is by an ignored user.
Wouldn't it be more consistent if "watched/threads" displayed any thread with at least one non-ignored post in it? If that's too difficult to query, then I'd opt for displaying any thread. The started-by slot can display "Ignored member", just like the latest-post slot already does.

Thanks for considering the change.

Thanks. Finally figured out why the investors roundtable wasn't showing up in my watched threads anymore.