Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BYND Beyond Meat out of main

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is your evidence that it's not better than real meat? The salt argument is weak since many people put salt on meat anyway. Not to mention real meat is highly processed plant material, heavily processed inside animals.
What is your evidence to believe in intelligent design over evolution? When you make extraordinary claims such as human-design "meat" being more suitable for meat that is the result of countless iterations of fitting into the ecosystem through a process called evolution, you should be giving extraordinary proof to support your claims.

Reactions: bkp_duke
Animals take plant material, break it down into chemicals inside their digestive systems, and reconstitute it into body tissue, which we then break down into chemicals in our digestive systems. No rational reason to assume skipping the animals to create the same chemicals would not be healthy, especially when there is no evidence showing that. The default assumption that processing plant material outside of an animal must be harmful is irrational and must be proven. So far all data shows the opposite.

Reactions: iPlug
Animals take plant material, break it down into chemicals inside their digestive systems, and reconstitute it into body tissue, which we then break down into chemicals in our digestive systems. No rational reason to assume skipping the animals to create the same chemicals would not be healthy, especially when there is no evidence showing that. The default assumption that processing plant material outside of an animal must be harmful is irrational and must be proven. So far all data shows the opposite.
There is no intelligent designer.

Needs to be peer reviewed, but not encouraging.

Lab grown meat is problematic for a number of reasons. TFA points out the environmental footprint. It's also expensive and not healthy. I think it's the equivalent of the fossil fuel industry pushing carbon capture and storage.

Beyond Meat shifts to avocado oil for the fourth generation of its plant-based beef products, slashing saturated fat by 60 percent while drastically reducing sodium
Beyond Meat’s new Beyond IV platform introduces nutritional improvements to its flagship Beyond Burger and Beyond Beef. For one, the company added nutrient-dense ingredients such as red lentils and fava bean protein, increasing protein content to 21 grams per serving.

Beyond Meat shifts to avocado oil for the fourth generation of its plant-based beef products, slashing saturated fat by 60 percent while drastically reducing sodium
Beyond Meat’s new Beyond IV platform introduces nutritional improvements to its flagship Beyond Burger and Beyond Beef. For one, the company added nutrient-dense ingredients such as red lentils and fava bean protein, increasing protein content to 21 grams per serving.

That's really good news. Most of the meat has been cut out of my diet with the intent of reducing saturated fat. So when I wanted to splurge on a burger, it always made more sense to opt for a turkey burger instead of a plant-based one.

But this might change things.

Interesting! And predictable. Beyond Meat (BM) are in so many words acknowleging that synthetic protein synthesis by itself is not a market winner. 'Meat' eaters want blood in their protein. Both lentils and mushrooms have hemoglobin analogues.

I've always thought of myself as hemoglobin craving free since I am a vegetarian with no desire for BM or similar meat substitutes, but I do very much like lentils and some mushrooms. So perhaps I'm not qualitatively different than most people, just further along the spectrum.

Last edited: