Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BYND Beyond Meat out of main

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another bad day for shorties. Beyond meat, one of the most shorted stocks (>50% of float) is up 36% today.
Anything that hurts the short sellers is good for Tesla. No doubt some have same short positions in the their portfolios.
Another example of a great product that people are against for political reasons. I haven't heard a single person that has tried their product (and is open to non-meat foods) say it wasn't great.

I assume you would do the same with antifa? ;)
If they start killing people and advocating for genocide, yeah.

OT

Another example of a great product that people are against for political reasons. I haven't heard a single person that has tried their product (and is open to non-meat foods) say it wasn't great.
Girlfriend's allergic to it. Coconut allergy.

They may do well, but all of these sorts of things have problems. No exceptions. Meat is going to remain a thing.

If they start killing people and advocating for genocide, yeah.
Beyond meat is fake food. Period. If you like eating fake food go ahead. I personally am against eating non human foods that have been processed to resemble real foods. Politics aside. Also Beyond Meat should be required to show long term safety studies for their fake processed food that they are advocating replacing real, traditional, time proven human food.

And if you can't admit that antifa has dozens if not hundreds of members who promote and commit actual violence you are living under a rock.

Another bad day for shorties. Beyond meat, one of the most shorted stocks (>50% of float) is up 36% today.
Anything that hurts the short sellers is good for Tesla. No doubt some have same short positions in the their portfolios.

Shorting Beyond Meat was stupid. The market cap is really small, it has the potential to grow big. It's potential market is quite large. Shorts who use quarterly numbers to judge the valuation deserve to be wiped out.

Concerning nutrition, whole food plant based foods reign supreme.
Reference. Dr Michael Greger and nutrionfacts.org
For science based nutrition. .

Beyond burger has nothing proprietary about it, and may soon
Be imitated by others.

Beyond burger has a mkt cap of 7.5 billion and sales are at 200 million

Heard a while back from a Goldman analyst that he does not like
To pay more than 10 times sales, beyond that the odds diminish
In your favor. Just an opinion.

Last edited:
I personally am against eating non human foods that have been processed to resemble real foods.

Do you eat corn? Strawberries? Watermelon? Cow products? All “fake foods”. None would exist if not for humans creating them artificially. Unless you’re a mountain man eating solely wild game and fish, you’re probably eating tons of “fake food”.

O.T.

I tried a Beyond Burger at Carl's Jr. It tasted like a turkey burger. Not great.

I tried Beyond Tacos at Del Taco. The Beyond Meat is so seasoned can't tell what meat it is. So taste just as good as beef Del Taco's.

Tasted Impossible Burger at Fat Burger. $3.70 premium to substitute for beef. Taste like public school cafeteria beef patty. On the one hand overpriced for the taste you get but on the other hand ZERO cholesterol. So I give it a thumbs up.

Isn’t this, at least for now, a conscious choice, to forgo short-term profits for flat-out growth?

Yes.

So say we all! :confused: [Joke!] :p

The rider being that Tesla would be more than happy to rake in more moolah, while there's also a limit to how much the company can sensibly invest due to human constraints of various sorts.

Edit: had a Beyond burger in the Netherlands [EUR 16 including fries] while rolling around the wonderful cycle paths on eight wheels and was quite filled. Nice for an ersatz meatloaf. Bonus: all the Teslas you come across. That house with both a BMW i3 and Jaguar i-Pace parked out front was really endearing, though. Then again, Switzerland may be a little more varied topographically, but Tesla country too. And in the EFTA!

Double Edit: rapid growth and moolah is why I've been thinking how FCA and Tesla might benefit each other. John Elkann, the Agnelli scion basically in charge of plotting their course, is only 43. And very obviously preoccupied with the company's viability.

Last edited:
Beyond meat is fake food. Period. If you like eating fake food go ahead. I personally am against eating non human foods that have been processed to resemble real foods. Politics aside. Also Beyond Meat should be required to show long term safety studies for their fake processed food that they are advocating replacing real, traditional, time proven human food.

And if you can't admit that antifa has dozens if not hundreds of members who promote and commit actual violence you are living under a rock.
I hope you don't eat sausages

Also Beyond Meat should be required to show long term safety studies for their fake processed food that they are advocating replacing real, traditional, time proven human food.

Why pretend that plant based ingredients need safety studies? It's not "fake" food, it's real food with real ingredients which are already known to be safe. Mostly water, pea protein, and plant based oil.

Max pain is $200. Slow fade towards today's lose towards $200.
Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain is still showing $197.50.

Why pretend that plant based ingredients need safety studies? It's not "fake" food, it's real food with real ingredients which are already known to be safe. Mostly water, pea protein, and plant based oil.

Mayhaps they fear a mono-sourced diet and the return of scurvy or rabbit starvation.

• Funny
Reactions: Boomer19
O.T.

I tried a Beyond Burger at Carl's Jr. It tasted like a turkey burger. Not great.

I tried Beyond Tacos at Del Taco. The Beyond Meat is so seasoned can't tell what meat it is. So taste just as good as beef Del Taco's.

Tasted Impossible Burger at Fat Burger. $3.70 premium to substitute for beef. Taste like public school cafeteria beef patty. On the one hand overpriced for the taste you get but on the other hand ZERO cholesterol. So I give it a thumbs up.

Cholesterol is an essential fat to be eaten in the human diet (your brain is made of it) and there's little or no correlation between dietary cholesterol and blood lipids. In any case, blood lipids are not understood by the vast majority of the pubic and the medical profession. You need high HDL and low trigs. The LDL-C, and hence the total cholesterol number, is pretty irrelevant. In fact for those over 60, the higher the LDL cholesterol the lower the mortality rate - this is documented in US insurance records: Lack of an association or an inverse association between low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol and mortality in the elderly: a systematic review

And folks, please don't read M. Greger, he's a cherry-picking, snake-oil salesman.

Just eat ancestral foods - paleo is a very good choice for the majority of people, unprocessed, no sugar, no industrial seed oils, no beans and no grains. Do that and you're golden.

And folks, please don't read M. Greger, he's a cherry-picking, snake-oil salesman.

Just eat ancestral foods - paleo is a very good choice for the majority of people, unprocessed, no sugar, no industrial seed oils, no beans and no grains. Do that and you're golden.
False information, and WRONG THREAD. You know which thread this belongs in. Take it back there.

Cholesterol is an essential fat to be eaten in the human diet (your brain is made of it) and there's little or no correlation between dietary cholesterol and blood lipids. In any case, blood lipids are not understood by the vast majority of the pubic and the medical profession. You need high HDL and low trigs. The LDL-C, and hence the total cholesterol number, i pretty irrelevant. In fact for those over 60, the higher the LDL cholesterol the lower the mortality rate - this is documented in US insurance records: Lack of an association or an inverse association between low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol and mortality in the elderly: a systematic review

Who grains are fine.

Processed food generally induces people to eat more calories, so problematic.

Vegan is fine, but make sure you get B vitamins as those aren't really naturally occurring outside of meat/dairy/fish

Reactions: Kenz
There are people like that on both sides of every issue.
I eat meat. There are Vegans who think I do so because I am an ignorant animal abuser who delights in killing things. They can't fathom that I eat meat because that's what us humans are evolved to eat for best health.
In my neck of the woods (SW FL) even coal rolling pickup trick drivers stop and ask me about my car, and tell me how cool Tesla and Elon Musk are.
But I'm positive there are still some people in my area that think I'm an eco hippie/social justice warrior. Can't fix everybody. Best advice is to be kind to everyone and patient. My motto is that if someone says something bad about you, live your life so that no one will believe them. :)

It’s okay if the meat you eat is gator and not kittens (or puppies, I guess) because, duh.

I do like your motto. It’s a tiny bit less aggressive than mine; If someone says something bad about you, tell them to eat poo and die.