Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bypass initial $3200 through dealership

I was reading about the possibility of bypass the $3200 if you go through the dealership in person. I was wondering if it is still possible or through a trade in, where it gets split in half.
Never heard of this, but to me its better to keep it....its the one portion of the car you can put on a credit card and earn points for :)

If I could have put more on my card I would have, as I would have paid it off right away and just collected the points....I realize others may not be in that position, but the 3200 'downpayment' on a 50+k car shouldn't be a barrier or you may be stretching yourself too thin?

I was reading about the possibility of bypass the $3200 if you go through the dealership in person. I was wondering if it is still possible or through a trade in, where it gets split in half.

Never heard of that either. When I was talking to our sales rep at the Tesla store he said you have to order online. He didn't have any other option.

I think it's the potential US$3500 discount you might get if you ordered a model 3 with cheaper option and locally there is a similiar model with a different colour of paint and/or bigger wheel, you might get offered to take that without additional cost.
For example, if you ordered a white SR+ model 3 with aero wheel, but they happen to have a red one with 19" wheel, you can potentially get that one without paying for the additional cost.
https://electrek.co/2019/09/13/tesla-discounts-free-supercharging-end-of-the-quarter-push/

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC