Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bypass initial $3200 through dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was reading about the possibility of bypass the $3200 if you go through the dealership in person. I was wondering if it is still possible or through a trade in, where it gets split in half.
Never heard of this, but to me its better to keep it....its the one portion of the car you can put on a credit card and earn points for :)

If I could have put more on my card I would have, as I would have paid it off right away and just collected the points....I realize others may not be in that position, but the 3200 'downpayment' on a 50+k car shouldn't be a barrier or you may be stretching yourself too thin?

I think it's the potential US$3500 discount you might get if you ordered a model 3 with cheaper option and locally there is a similiar model with a different colour of paint and/or bigger wheel, you might get offered to take that without additional cost.
For example, if you ordered a white SR+ model 3 with aero wheel, but they happen to have a red one with 19" wheel, you can potentially get that one without paying for the additional cost.
https://electrek.co/2019/09/13/tesla-discounts-free-supercharging-end-of-the-quarter-push/