Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

C-Bond NanoShield Plus™ Windshield Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@TomServo Why not save a few bucks, email Vince at [email protected] - from his email - see below - you could just email him that info and someone at the company will send you the invoice - I paid via AMEX $54.56 shipping included for the kit and received the package in the mail a few days later.

That's exactly what I did, Vince got back to me within 15 minutes. Thank you for the lead. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: CLK350
Correct. Tempering already increases glass strength by around 400% over an annealed glass (Tempered glass - Wikipedia) while the product claims to increase the strength of glass (they didn't say temereped glass) by 80%. I guess a theoretical increase of tempered glass strength from 400% to 480% is still a benefit, but as I said they have no tests to support any strength increase in a windshield.

Not dissing the product, just saying that the claim needs appropriate support.

Correct. Tempering already increases glass strength by around 400% over an annealed glass (Tempered glass - Wikipedia) while the product claims to increase the strength of glass (they didn't say temereped glass) by 80%. I guess a theoretical increase of tempered glass strength from 400% to 480% is still a benefit, but as I said they have no tests to support any strength increase in a windshield.

Not dissing the product, just saying that the claim needs appropriate support.
Its been raining Monday and today, drove the FJ post treatment, noticed that the windows bead really well, similar to what RainX does, but also noticed that my wiper blades seem to slide over the windows, keeping them really clear..... so lets see how long that lasts, would still like to see a test of Tempered Glass with this product verses just regular window pane glass...... I think @Freewheeler has a valid point...

I had a horrible rock on window strike this week, and was fully expecting the starburst, nothing but alittle white mark... not sure if this stuff helped, but I have heard that FJ’s have been notorious for window breaks due to almost 90 degree angle.

I had a horrible rock on window strike this week, and was fully expecting the starburst, nothing but alittle white mark... not sure if this stuff helped, but I have heard that FJ’s have been notorious for window breaks due to almost 90 degree angle.
Thanks. Pretty new model y owner here with some long road trips from July through September. Seems like this might be a good thing to try at least.

I applied my first application last summer and had enough to apply a second coat just before our first long road trip this past July 4th holiday. I took at least ONE stone hit that I was sure would have caused a bigger chip/nick than it did. There’s no way to know if it worked. How would we measure that? But for the money it’s worth the gamble.