Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA carpool sticker -- Best to order in November for 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when did you apply? I am impatient and planning to drop my application in mail today.
I applied back in October and I honestly wasn’t even thinking about the potential for a color change. I went ahead and installed the smaller orange ones front and back and its not the worst thing in the world. I may make a run at asking the DMV for the newer color but am not holding my breath.

I applied back in October and I honestly wasn’t even thinking about the potential for a color change. I went ahead and installed the smaller orange ones front and back and its not the worst thing in the world. I may make a run at asking the DMV for the newer color but am not holding my breath.

Sorry, but don't hold your breath... Unless they change the law in 2025

Lockdown or not, the DMV is mind-numbingly slow. Took over 8 weeks last time I did this (Jan. 2018).
Yup, this! I submitted my forms the last week of December, I'm still waiting.

On another front I bought a car for my wife in October, the company filled out the original title information incorrectly so they needed to order a duplicate title from the DMV. They did that the second week of October, and they have STILL not received it (14 weeks later!). I can't even register the car...DMV sucks right now.

Just a FYI for those that sent their stuff late last year and hasn’t been processed yet. My in-laws submitted their application in October 2020 and they just got their sticker and it’s the new blue one. Looks like it’s based on when they processed it and not when it was sent like others have said.