Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA carpool sticker -- Best to order in November for 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a FYI for those that sent their stuff late last year and hasn’t been processed yet. My in-laws submitted their application in October 2020 and they just got their sticker and it’s the new blue one. Looks like it’s based on when they processed it and not when it was sent like others have said.
Well that’s even worse! I wish I had thought about it and just waited another month or so. Oh well. I’m used to the orange now but would have loved the blue.

Reactions: 2left
Just a FYI for those that sent their stuff late last year and hasn’t been processed yet. My in-laws submitted their application in October 2020 and they just got their sticker and it’s the new blue one. Looks like it’s based on when they processed it and not when it was sent like others have said.
That's also consistent with about a three month backlog.

If there's one positive aspect of the COVID pandemic, it's that commutes are reduced and the need to use HOV lanes is significantly less than normal.

Mail my application in on Jan 1st, 2021. Check has not been cashed yet nor have I received my stickers. From what I've read on other forums it typically takes 2 months. Not sure how the pandemic would have effected backlogs but I'm assuming processing times are longer now? On the phone with DMV as we speak to see if I can get someone on the special processing unit to give me an update. Hold time so far hour and a half and counting. fml.

I will update you all if I can get a response. If I don't give up and hang up the phone you will not hear back from me. *laughs

Reactions: bpon89 and alexcue
Mail my application in on Jan 1st, 2021. Check has not been cashed yet nor have I received my stickers. From what I've read on other forums it typically takes 2 months. Not sure how the pandemic would have effected backlogs but I'm assuming processing times are longer now? On the phone with DMV as we speak to see if I can get someone on the special processing unit to give me an update. Hold time so far hour and a half and counting. fml.

I will update you all if I can get a response. If I don't give up and hang up the phone you will not hear back from me. *laughs

You mailed on Jan 1st right? Mine was delivered on Jan 8th to DMV - Sacramento.

You mailed on Jan 1st right? Mine was delivered on Jan 8th to DMV - Sacramento.

Mailed mine out Jan 2, also not cashed either. I don't think anyone's is processed because I haven't seen the new sticker on any cars.

I went to the DMV to renew my Driver's License and it was done within a week. But the HOV stickers are processed by a different unit so hopefully we get them soon. Luckily traffic is still ok due to COVID.

I was told to contact the DMV via the phone number and have them transfer me to the "Special Processing Unit" and so I did. Regrettably however after being on hold for an hour and a half I gave up. Sorry folks, I wasn't able to get any further info about processing times.