Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA carpool sticker -- Best to order in November for 2021?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that there is a low income exemption so that someone buying a used vehicle can get new stickers for it
Actually the stickers simply belong to the car, if you sell the car that would include the stickers. You can't (legally) do anything else with those stickers anyway.

However, if you would buy a car which did have stickers issued, but the stickers aren't there, you should be able to simply apply for replacement stickers and explain what happened.

I also mailed mine 2nd week of Jan. No updates for me either. Sending in another one now means yet another 3 months of waiting (the mail will likely be put to the bottom of the pile)
Scratch that. Check was just cashed today! Based on the check image, looks like I mailed it out the 3rd week of Jan, and they cashed it last week. It didn't clear my bank and appear online until today. They were likely waiting for the check to clear before mailing out the stickers. 13 weeks (just over 3 mo) from mailing to cashing.

waiting for my plates, so i can order personalized plates, then i can apply for them lol.
No need to wait, you can use the temporary plates to expedite the process. Once you receive the decals submit another application for the correction with the permanent plates, then again when you get custom plates. No check is needed each time only the application for revision. I have done this and so have many other I know.

No need to wait, you can use the temporary plates to expedite the process. Once you receive the decals submit another application for the correction with the permanent plates, then again when you get custom plates. No check is needed each time only the application for revision. I have done this and so have many other I know.
Nice, i will do asap. THANKS

Got mine yesterday!

Mailed out sometime in January and just got it. Kind of torn on the placement and how it looks on my car but having the carpool lane privileges during the rush hour now days is worth it.
46E24F52-FB69-4173-8273-E9B8EDFADD80.jpeg
E3A7A85C-00A0-4735-A2D0-B7F8E0894D6E.jpeg
76A6B9FC-0FC7-438F-A482-B21B236B8037.jpeg

Scratch that. Check was just cashed today! Based on the check image, looks like I mailed it out the 3rd week of Jan, and they cashed it last week. It didn't clear my bank and appear online until today. They were likely waiting for the check to clear before mailing out the stickers. 13 weeks (just over 3 mo) from mailing to cashing.
I received mine today in the mail!

Mailing -> cashing: 13 weeks
Cashing -> receving: 1 week
Total wait: 14 weeks (3.5 months)

I think the illustration from the DMV is incorrect, compared to the text. The illustration indicates the small stickers should both be applied to the front bumper, one each on the passenger and driver side. The text indicates both small stickers should be on the passenger side, one on the front bumper and one on the rear. I believe the text is correct.
1619198631506.png

I think the illustration from the DMV is incorrect, compared to the text. The illustration indicates the small stickers should both be applied to the front bumper, one each on the passenger and driver side. The text indicates both small stickers should be on the passenger side, one on the front bumper and one on the rear. I believe the text is correct.
View attachment 656389
I put them like the pics are shown... looks better, if that's possible.

View attachment 656389

Actual paperwork is correct (two stickers on the front bumper). Online it's inaccurate (old reference to locations). I saw someone's posted picture. Maybe even this thread.

(edit: scroll up about 5-6 posts).

I agree it's super confusing when the DMV website/picture/text say different things.
I don't know what's right and wrong, but this is where I put mine up front:

IULKiq.md.jpg

IULpdA.md.jpg

Just got mine today: Ordered January 2, check endorsed April 12.

Attachments

• IMG_9291.jpg
    IMG_9291.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9289(1).jpg
    IMG_9289(1).jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9288.jpg
    IMG_9288.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9287.jpg
    IMG_9287.jpg