TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CA - East Bay Tint Recommendation

Discussion in 'California' started by josh, May 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. josh

josh Member

Just got my wife's Model S windows tinted today. I think it looks great. With the child seats and summer approaching, it's necessary -- way too hot in the back for the kids otherwise.

photo.JPG

After research I went with ceramic tint from Formula One, which received very strong reviews. There are other good ones out there too.

The tint is great -- screens out most of the heat. Cost a little over $500 (all the back windows plus a light tint on drivers and pax windows, technically not legal in CA). This is the third car I've had these guys do -- my Model S and my old Nissan Leaf -- and great work each time. Can't say for sure it's the cheapest, but if you want it done in the East Bay, these guys do a really nice job.

Sound Source USA - East Oakland - Oakland, CA

2. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Looks good!
    Did you also do the windshield?

3. josh

josh Member

Nope, skipped the windshield.

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Mod note - moved to regional subforum.

5. cablue

cablue Member

Beautiful! I'm getting silver, too, and will be tinting. Looks great!