Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV decal front bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will most likely be a dumb thread, but a need to know for me...

How many of you with HOV purple decals are NOT putting the decal on the front bumper? I've seen some of you guys on the 405 and 22 but only have caught the back of the cars and not the front

I've noticed alot of model 3s without front license plates either...

I'm only rollin' one sticker, back, passenger side. But I'm really only using the sticker to get on the freeway via the carpool lane and I get off soon thereafter (at Jamboree, since you're from the area)

However, after giving it more thought than I should, I think 2 in the back (one small one on back bumper and the one on the back passenger side) should be enough (where 'enough' lowers the risk of getting a ticket to an acceptable level)

I've seen some creative placement of the front sticker to where I think in some cases, its easy for a CHP officer to miss anyway

Keep in mind that you can still get a ticket for not properly displaying all the carpool stickers (if I recall, its a $150 fine or thereabouts)

Reactions: T3SMA
some dangerous people in here...:D

i'm set on applying all three of the rear decals (with PPF or the clean cling)..the front is just ridiculous IMO

i've gotten a fix it ticket for no front plate in a previous car...might just be my crap luck, but it's a pain in the ass to resolve

I only put two on the back. I bought a magnet sheet like some suggested, stuck the stickers on there, cut them to size and put them on the trunk and rear passenger side quarter panel just above the bumper lines when i drive in carpool. Then I take it off when I get to my destination.

Reactions: Fernand
My friend got pulled over for not having all the decals in a carpool lane in CA. The fine was $1,400 for improper display. He had a fix it ticket but in the end even after fixing the issue the fine was still $700.

It's not like a $20 window tint. CA takes Carpool seriously.
so having carpool stickers and just displaying them improperly is 2-3x the fine for carpool lane violation?

I plan to apply all four stickers because I don’t want to worry about it. I will use PPF so that when I’m done with them I will hopefully be able to remove them without leaving any remaining residue. I do agree they are quite ugly. There must be a better way.

My friend got pulled over for not having all the decals in a carpool lane in CA. The fine was $1,400 for improper display. He had a fix it ticket but in the end even after fixing the issue the fine was still $700.

It's not like a $20 window tint. CA takes Carpool seriously.

Carpool fine is 500 but have stickers and not display them correctly is 1400? Something doesn't add up.

Reactions: liuping
If one wants to use carpool lane, then why not put all the stickers? Sure they are ugly and eye sore, but that applying only part of it, might as well go all the way. In reality, CA DMV should consider getting special plates that shows car is electric and applying one color sticker to it that is good for whatever amount of years it is. But on other hand, i see many many ICE cars with one driver in carpool lane and on top of them some even cross double yellow line to pass a car in front of them and get right back in. But as it seems, CHP attend to more important situations rather than to patrol HOV lanes.

Reactions: radiocycle
I seen people place it on:

Left back bumper
Middle back bumber
Left back trunk lid
Right back bumper
Left back window
Left above the reflector on back bumper
Left below the reflector on back bumper

Right front bumper
Left front bumper

Etc.....