Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Tesla Owners!

Like many of you, I waited patiently for my Tesla to arrive and when it finally did I applied for CA HOV carpool lane stickers. OK, finally got the stickers! I knew they would be an eyesore but a necessary evil.

Having seen all the sticker residue issues on the road, I knew I didn't want to damage and/or risk my paint job. See examples below:

IMG_0210.jpg
Failed attempt to remove...eh just leave it.

IMG_0083 crop.jpg

Can't take off the old, just place the new!

There are many DIY solutions for this problem currently available, but why have everyone go through the hassle of starting from scratch and instead pass on the legwork and tips of an effective solution?

I believe paint protection film is the most appropriate solution considering it's adhesive strength and the fact that it was created specifically for paint protection applications. Therefore, I chose this route for myself:

Red right rear HOV sticker installed.jpeg

I figure pass on the learnings and contribute to our community. If you'd rather run a relay than start from scratch out of the gate, stop in! StickerKnight

Thanks for reading!
StickerKnight

Last edited:
...uuhhh, you are a new TMC member (and clearly a vendor)...if you did a search, you would have found many, many posts on the subject (as well as links to videos, precut PPF, etc). And it is tacky to be marketing your product in this way....you can be a paid up vendor here.

Hi JPP,

Yes, I am a newly registered TMC member and have done a few searches on this forum regarding the subject hence why I state "There are many DIY solutions for this problem currently available." Good examples would be clean-cling who offers a removable solution or the magnet DIY solutions.

As for the insinuation of impersonating a member masking as a vendor, I think my user name, avatar, and website link are pretty telling (clearly being transparent as possible). I just received my red Tesla Model 3 LR back in July (as shown in picture above), so as an existing owner of a Tesla vehicle I should have some say/right to post in this community.

Tacky marketing...well like I stated, my post was genuinely out of making a contribution to the community. I will look into the vendor posting requirements as you suggest.

Thanks