TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CA HOV Stickers

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by chronopc, Oct 25, 2018.

1. gstahl

gstahl New Member

Could be. I believe the website says clearly issued (ARB site definitely says issued)

Will post the text of the letter tonight.

G

2. davekr

davekr Member

I didn’t apply till JAN 2019,
    but dont know which form
    I used?

do you really think it’s form based?

anyone with link to 2019 form?

3. EricUSC

EricUSC Member

I mailed in my application for my leased BMW i3 on 12/28/18, so it doesn't really matter if they send me red or purple stickers. $22 check hasn't been cashed yet. I'll wait until my BMW i3 lease is up in 2021 before applying for stickers on my Model 3.

The REG1000 form on the DMV website today is identical to the one I used on 12/28/18.

4. boriszima

boriszima Member

Here is a link, I had trouble finding it as well, but @RayK given enough info with some google, i got this. it was free to ship, so i ordered a bit more to check out quality.
    ULTIMATE PLUS Custom Length

5. Campfamily

Campfamily Member

Wife is online right now filling out the form, she says the form has been updated since the last time she looked at it right before the end of the year. She also said the website has been updated to show the purple sticker. She's submitting tonight so we'll see how long it takes.

6. boriszima

boriszima Member

7. redgt

redgt Member

I'm not sure how different the forms are but the new one has a 1/2019 revision as said above

you also sign and date it. I would think that a 2018 form signed and dated in 2019 should get purple stickers but who knows? we are talking about california and ca dmv ....

the people that sent the mailed the 2018 form in december probably have a 2018 signed date. I was tempted to try this but didn't want to risk it

8. smjbh5

smjbh5 Member

Crap! I printed the form at the end of Dec, dated it Jan 1, mailed it on the 2nd. Besides the rev date, everything else looks the same. I held off for months because I wanted the new stickers. I'll be pissed if I get the red ones

9. RayK

RayK Member

Sorry I didn't include a link to the XPEL configuration/order page. I found it the same way by using Google. Seems like the price went up almost a $1 a roll.

10. davekr

davekr Member

11. Jeffers0n

Jeffers0n Member

Maybe stupid question, but how long after purchase can you wait to apply for carpool stickers? I don’t need the, for my commute, but was thinking of waiting (maybe few years) in case I need them later. Is that a bad idea or not how it works?

12. gstahl

gstahl New Member

My sticker was processed 12/28 thus was red stickers.

About 5-6 weeks total time.

I did not have plates when sent in and they processed without issue as the transfer was complete prior to processing. I would suggest that once you have a vin and will have players within 4 weeks you could likely send in the forms.

G

13. EricUSC

EricUSC Member

I printed and mailed my form on 12/28/18 and dated it 1/1/19. I took a picture of the form before mailing it out and it did in fact say REV 1/2019 on the bottom, so the DMV was ahead of themselves by a few days.

14. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

It's based on issue date so you can technically wait. The whole program is slated to end by 2025 unless CA government changes the rules so the latest would be around 2022.

15. ceekz

ceekz Member

That is a bargain for the film and the labor! My detail shop that did the ceramic coat and PPF quoted $50 for the HOV stickers.

16. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

I think it's because of the other work I did there. But I ordered some film anyways because it seems like an easy enough thing to do myself? It was $8 shipped for the two 1 foot rolls.

I also already have some slip solution from applying door sill covers I was planning to use. What is everyone eles using or are you guys just sticking the PPF on?

I have read that removing PPF from PPF is more difficult, so I am torn on applying the front sticker. Shop said it's still easier than removing the sticker applied directly to the PPF though since that's almost impossible.

I still think having to apply 4 stickers is absolute garbage, I wouldn't mind so much if they were easily removed, but they are made to leave part of the sticker behind as anti-theft similar to offroad registration stickers, and my yearly glamis permit.

17. AltLogic

AltLogic Member

Mailed mid November
    Processed the last few days of December
    Check cashed 1/3/19
    Red stickers received

• Informative x 3
  18. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Has anyone received the Purple stickers?

19. SoCalGuy

SoCalGuy Active Member

Has anyone just put them up on their windshields instead of the bumper?

20. boriszima

boriszima Member

Once you get your plates as its a requirement on the application. You can wait a while i believe, as long as the car was never registered in CA, but as you saw this program is set to expire 2025. With Trump and EPA, who knows how long it will run.