Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV Stickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received and installed the red stickers on my red Model 3. Seeing as how there will be a purple sticker soon available with an additional year of HOV eligibility, I’m crossing my fingers that the DMV will allow red sticker owners who received stickers on or after 1/1/18 the ability to eventually receive the purple stickers (similar to how the DMV offers green/white sticker owners who received their stickers on or after 1/1/17 the ability to receive a red sticker: Clean Air Vehicle Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle Lane Usage).
When did you apply?

Abomination is when people can't put the stickers on properly. I have seen sticker applied vertically right next to the license plate. Seriously, if you can not even follow the simple instruction with illustration for apply stickers on your car, you should not be driving on the road.
well, you're going to hate this photo then. Apologies for the quality..

chrome_2018-11-13_01-11-32.png

• Funny
Reactions: Pkmmte and Need
Abomination is when people can't put the stickers on properly. I have seen sticker applied vertically right next to the license plate. Seriously, if you can not even follow the simple instruction with illustration for apply stickers on your car, you should not be driving on the road.

It could be a magnet sticker. Some people put them on magnet and it would not stick to the plastic bumper they had to place it higher on the car's body.

Has anyone used the Calif. HOV Under Stickers Protection Film from rpmtesla.com instead of magnets? View attachment 352703

I did not use the ones from RPM. I just got a roll of 4" x 36" 3M clear bra from Amazon for about $10 shipped. You just stick the decals on top and cut out the shapes. It is about 1/4 the price of RPM's ($19) because it is enough to do 2 cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Bueno
so do you intend to leave sticker/film on day in day out?
why is magnet not a good idea for the occasional HOV user?

Yes, I leave the HOV sticker on for daily commute. At some point in time before the sticker expires (2022) I'll do a complete wrap of the car. With the sticker on 3M film, I will able to remove it and reapply it with a bit of effort. The magnet invite theft to steal the stickers off the car.

There is no right or wrong decision on this. Just personal preferences.

Yes, I've got RPMtesla's pre-cut. Worked great. I don't remove them though. I just wanted to be able to if I slapped them on and hated the placement. Example, many people line them up with a body panel line because that looks better up close, but then when you step back and it's crooked relative to the ground, it looks like ass.

Mine aren't perfect, but I'm happy enough to not bother 'fixing' the placement. I think the very fact that I know that I COULD keeps me from being bothered by any slight crookedness.

Yes, I leave the HOV sticker on for daily commute. At some point in time before the sticker expires (2022) I'll do a complete wrap of the car. With the sticker on 3M film, I will able to remove it and reapply it with a bit of effort. The magnet invite theft to steal the stickers off the car.

There is no right or wrong decision on this. Just personal preferences.

thanks, in south county san diego there aren’t HOV lanes.
I don’t commute, but occasional trip to orange or la county
I want to be able to stick ‘em on at will say in a parking lot.

waiting till JAN to order for an extra year, bought magnetic
strips off amazon, local wrap guy will stick & cut strips...

if I use them, it might be at most once a month.