TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CA HOV White sticker

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Maximilien, Jan 30, 2017.

1. dmode

dmode Member

I received mine couple days back. Applied on 12/25. I put them on the bumper, but looking at the picture above kind of bummed that I didn't stick them to the lower fascia

2. Mach Schnell!

Mach Schnell! Gearhead, Engineer & P100D(L) Pilot

I applied for the ugly stickers on Jan 5 before I had received license plates, using requested personalized plate number, for which I had applied back on November 6 when I ordered the car. (Thanks to the tip on this thread I believe). Regular plates arrived late January. Today I received the CA HOV lane white stickers, which showed up associated with the issued regular license plates. I sure had a hard time deciding to put these stickers on. I guess white on black isn't too bad- it could be worse - bright green like the hybrid stickers. Still waiting for the personalized black 1960 vintage plates.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  3. outie

outie Member

May have been discussed already - but I guess you can cut a small piece of 3M wrap (or whatever clear wrap) and apply it on the paint, then stick the sticker on there instead?

4. idealsol

idealsol Member

I am testing a solution right now
    I found this company www.stickergenuis.com
    They have all sorts of decal products and will send you out a kit of fre samples
    I am testing their "StickleMe" product
    StickleMe is a reuseable decal in white only. So I would order enough to put my HOV stickers on it and cut to size
    It would be pretty easy for anyone to remove but they'd have to know they were removeable before they'd likely try to remove. Another possible issue is the longevity of the product. If I couldn't use it anymore my stickers are still on the white decal. Guess I could and another layer of StickleMe as a solution. But they appear to be likely to last quite a while

Not sure how much this would differ from 3M/Xpel but I'm familiar with those materials and this is much thinner and easier to work with

The sample I got included a small rectangular piece and I have been mounting it very very low on back panel. So far, so good. Removing is easy and no paint issues
    I want to use and reuse to see how well it works after multiple usages.

Anyone else ever tried this?

Will try to post pic later

5. idealsol

idealsol Member

IMG_1441.JPG Hers a pic to go with my post above

6. berkeley_ecar

berkeley_ecar S 90D (fully loaded) delivered 18 Mar 2017

@idealsol -- this seems a very promising approach, will look forward to reading about your experience. I've requested the sample pack (free, as you state, but you are required to pay for shipping), as these products may have many useful potential applications.

7. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Very bad idea ... sticker theft is common in California

8. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

#88 Cricket88, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    I forgot to mention I got my stickers this past Saturday. So in short here was my experience on the timeline:

Sent app via snail mail on 1/10
    Check got cashed on 2/6
    Stickers received 2/11
    Took 24 business days from time I put the app in the mailbox

9. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Sorry I'm having a hard time following the timeline here...

10. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

I just edited it. My car was nagging me to hold the steering wheel so I made some typos. J/K I blame my fat fingers.

• Like x 1
  11. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

I cannot believe this but my check and application was returned today in the mailbox. Bummer!

It came with Change of Address form. Maybe sending my Corporate Check was the blame??

Gonna be at least another month to proceed. *faint*

12. UCIBtheG

UCIBtheG Member

What number are you guys calling to get a status update? My check cashed last Wednesday and I still haven't got my stickers, been poring over the mail every day in disappointment. Sent in 1/14.

13. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

I bet you'll see it today or tomorrow in the mail. If your check was cashed, there's no need to check status as your stickers are most likely in the mail already.

14. UCIBtheG

UCIBtheG Member

Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself, it'll be there in the mailbox today and it hasn't been. They've had 6 mail delivery days since then, and I'm a stone's throw from Sacramento where they should be mailed from. It looks like yours only took 5, and you're probably an extra day away in transit from Sacramento.

15. Mach Schnell!

Mach Schnell! Gearhead, Engineer & P100D(L) Pilot

I was only nine days ahead of you and I received my stickers late last week. You should get them in the next few days.

16. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

DMV Special Program Processing Department: (855)230-8747
    If you call them, they will tell you that your stickers have been processed and to wait for the mail. It may be possible they mail out stickers in batches, so you'll just need to wait a few more days for them to come in.

17. caltechkid

caltechkid Member

Recevied by DMV on 1/11, told it was processed 2/4, still waiting in the mail for my stickers...told 4 weeks, though others who submitted well after me have received them so who knows.

18. UCIBtheG

UCIBtheG Member

Happy to report I finally got my stickers yesterday as you all predicted. It was tough to be patient and resist the urge to jump in the carpool lane when I know I should have been able all along. But, I'm in the club now!

• Like x 3
  19. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Sigh, mine got kicked back yesterday as well. I bought a CPO, but it didnt have stickers on it so I had to guess whether the prior owner had signed up previously or not. 50/50 shot and I lost. So now I have to resubmit with the correct boxes checked. Dang.

20. Maximilien

Maximilien Member

I totally feel you.

I resubmitted my application 3 days ago. Will see how long it takes again.