Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA HOV White sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy - my stickers arrived...now I am torn on...
  1. how many I should put on?
  2. where should I put them to minimize the impact on the look?
Thankfully my MS is white but it still going to change the look of the rear...open to any and all suggestions :)

IF I were to actually take mine out of the glove box and put them on, I would probably only put the small one on the lower plastic unpainted section of the bumper. But for now, I've been driving in HOV to and from home everyday for a year without issues so I will probably keep doing this. lol

Brave man, I now know 3 people in SD who have been ticketed. I have the one on the rear only.

Brave man, I now know 3 people in SD who have been ticketed. I have the one on the rear only.

I know one person up here in the SF area that has been ticketed too. And I also know someone else who pointedly told me that they've use the HOV lane in their gas car every day for 2+ years and never got a single ticket.

All I know is Murphy's Law isn't nearly as friendly to me. Go figure!

DMV must be caught up. I submitted for my stickers on March 8th after over a year of not worrying about it. But due to my increased need to drive to the bay area at least once a week, I didn't want to chance jumping in the carpool lane anymore. I received my stickers today March 22nd. I could've been the 21st since I didn't check the mailbox that day. So it took only two weeks for them to process mine.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
IF I were to actually take mine out of the glove box and put them on, I would probably only put the small one on the lower plastic unpainted section of the bumper. But for now, I've been driving in HOV to and from home everyday for a year without issues so I will probably keep doing this. lol
I do the same. I have them in my glovebox but do not put them on. I usually have a kid with me, but for those times when I don't I have given up pulling them out. I did stick them on some CraftyFab which allows me to put them on and off at will but have decided it's too much trouble to even do that.

I applied for the ugly stickers on Jan 5 before I had received license plates, using requested personalized plate number, for which I had applied back on November 6 when I ordered the car. (Thanks to the tip on this thread I believe). Regular plates arrived late January. Today I received the CA HOV lane white stickers, which showed up associated with the issued regular license plates. I sure had a hard time deciding to put these stickers on. I guess white on black isn't too bad- it could be worse - bright green like the hybrid stickers. Still waiting for the personalized black 1960 vintage plates.