Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA hov white stickers exp 1/1/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any car with White stickers issued prior to 1/1/2017 will expire on 1/1/2019 with no further recourse. Period. Sorry.
No, you missed my point or other post and question... WHY did we receive the form to apply and get the RED sticker for the S (which we bought from a TMC member on here and regged in Jan 2016 - current white sticker)..

And our Rav which we've owned since new never got the form. Now I understand the whole 17 to 19 thing and I've talked and asked about this at our many Leaf/EV/Tesla meets in the last month or so...

But no one has been able to answer this, just a glitch in the DMV system?

No, you missed my point or other post and question... WHY did we receive the form to apply and get the RED sticker for the S (which we bought from a TMC member on here and regged in Jan 2016 - current white sticker)..

And our Rav which we've owned since new never got the form. Now I understand the whole 17 to 19 thing and I've talked and asked about this at our many Leaf/EV/Tesla meets in the last month or so...

But no one has been able to answer this, just a glitch in the DMV system?
Must be a glitch. However, if you want the Red sticker and they sent you the form, maybe there's an error in their system and they will actually issue it to you. More likely, they will send back your application and check, indicating it's not eligible.

A Change.org petition has been started. Please sign to continue supporting clean vehicle owners. Hybrids should be the ones being kicked out of the HOV lane, not ZEVs. I'm personally not eligible simply because a prior owner stickered my used Model S, even though i purchased the car within the eligible dates. Please spread the word to all ZEV owners:
Sign the Petition

A Change.org petition has been started. Please sign to continue supporting clean vehicle owners. Hybrids should be the ones being kicked out of the HOV lane, not ZEVs. I'm personally not eligible simply because a prior owner stickered my used Model S, even though i purchased the car within the eligible dates. Please spread the word to all ZEV owners:
Sign the Petition

Done... thanks for sharing :cool:

still waiting on my pre-printed REG1000. did get a notice for my other evs that the white and green stickers are expiring for those vehicles and cannot be used starting 2019. didn't get one for my tesla. will just fill out a new one and send it in instead of waiting.

Sign the Petition

I signed it as well. Unfortunately I think that to change this it will have to be done by ballot initiative. Does anyone around here have experience getting something on the ballot? I'd better to lend my time and (some) money to such an effort. Would be great if Elon got onboard to champion it as well.

Venting... :mad:

I'm in the same boat as many having bought a used Roadster in 2017 that had been issued stickers when the original NorCal owner purchased it new in 2011 The car then went out of state where the previous owner removed them so, when I took ownership and brought it back to CA, I had to apply for replacement White stickers. Interestingly, I haven't received the "thou shall not pass on Jan 1" DMV letter so I went ahead and reapplied for replacements to see what would happen. I doubt it will work but you never know.

Kudos to those of you who were fortunate enough to get the new stickers for your used Tesla. Honestly, I'm jealous as hell and thoroughly pissed that my "classic" EV may not qualify and that I may need to sell what is by far the best car I've ever owned. There seriously should have been an exemption for all ZEVs regardless of YOM.

Just to confirm though, would any vehicle from this list... (a) new or used... (b) in state or out of state... qualify for Red (or Purple in '19) stickers as long as it had not previously been issued CA DMV Green or White stickers? If so, I'd seriously consider getting another Roadster from out of state as the car is just that unique and fun to drive.

BTW, @Dave_S, I see this unfortunate topic inspired you to make your first post since 2015 ;). Definitely need more "early" adopters like you to help push on this.