Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[CA] Personalized Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I ordered Personalized Plates (Black/Yellow Legacy) on August 1, 2021 and have yet to receive them. In early January 2022, a DMV Live Chat Agent confirmed the creation and assignment and issuance within 6-8 weeks. In early February 2022, another Agent informed that these plates would take 6-9 months from order date. Today, another Agent stated that assignment and mailing was done mid-December 2021 and should have arrived within 30 days of that time.

A friend ordered Personalized Plates in July 2021 and just received them in the mail last week. I read from a recent Reddit thread of someone's June 2021 order was also received last week as well.

Overall, I've received inconsistent information about Personalized Plates. Anyone else order plates around the July/August time and hasn't received theirs?

Reactions: TwistedGray
I received HOV decals over the weekend, and the included registration card shows my new personalized plate (which I have yet to receive), and not my actual license plate that is currently on the car. So at least I know I have the plate coming my way, I just need to wait about 6 more months for them to arrive.

Were you guys able to place the order online through the DMV website? I’ve tried multiple times on different days, different browsers, different plate configurations, but every time I get to the “Select Payment Method” page and choose “Pay by Credit Card”, it kicks me out of the cart and deletes the order. It shows the error shown in the screenshot below. Any one have this problem?

Attachments

• D4800DB9-3E5C-4ED6-BA85-EBEB2237DE9A.png
    D4800DB9-3E5C-4ED6-BA85-EBEB2237DE9A.png
    526.5 KB · Views: 138
Were you guys able to place the order online through the DMV website? I’ve tried multiple times on different days, different browsers, different plate configurations, but every time I get to the “Select Payment Method” page and choose “Pay by Credit Card”, it kicks me out of the cart and deletes the order. It shows the error shown in the screenshot below. Any one have this problem?
Have you tried this ona really desktop/laptop browser? I purchased on an iPad and never had issues, it the -hone is always a bit more complicated for some sites to deal with.