TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CA PSA - CAV decal now costs* $2,500...

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by kwintone, Sep 17, 2018.

1. kwintone

kwintone Member

Bummer, I guess I missed the memo. In CA, you now have to choose between the CVRP rebate or CAV decal based on your annual income. I guess this will push some into the “I don’t need to run with stickers” camp more than ever before.

New decision...decals sitting in glove box or $2,500.

Clean Air Vehicle Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle Lane Usage

“For a vehicle purchased on or after January 1, 2018, the DMV cannot issue a CAV decal to an applicant who has received a consumer rebate through the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). An applicant whose gross annual income is above specified thresholds must choose between a CAV decal or a CVRP rebate.”

2. TT97

TT97 Active Member

You might as well get the stickers...

You only have a choice if you are buying a fuel-cell electric vehicle. Consumers are not eligible for CVRP rebates if their gross annual incomes are above the thresholds.

See Question #6 in the FAQs.

3. hqubic

hqubic Member

I only started looking at this earlier this year and I think the wording was already there.

4. RayK

RayK Active Member

Those income thresholds are $150,000 if filing as single or $300,000 married/joint. I'm fortunately married to a part-time retail salesperson so I qualified for the stickers and CVRP.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  5. remlemasi

remlemasi Member

6. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

I make less than the threshold so the good thing is that I qualify for both but the bad thing is that I make less than the threshold. :(

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 3
  7. David L

David L Member

There's no choice to be made for EVs. It's best two think of the the carpool sticker and the rebate as two completely separate programs, each with its own eligibility requirement. Every TM3 buyer is eligible for the carpool sticker. Only those who meet the income cap are eligible for the $2,500 rebate.

• Like x 4
  8. Canikony

Canikony Member

lol, it's a win, but are you really winning? I'm in the same boat.

9. Glamisduner

Glamisduner Active Member

I thi
    I think most people will be int he same boat, just maybe not on this forum. First World Problems :p

I do think it's stupid though, they should just treat everyone the same when it comes to incentives. But hey, all that money that is going towards providing college tuition for illegals, and moonbeams high speed rail might be starting to add up, you gotta draw a line somewhere on who gets benefits and who does not.

• Disagree x 6
    • Funny x 2
  10. SD_Engnr

SD_Engnr Active Member

Shrug. Until our household makes more than the threshold, I won't know the "pain" of making that much money and only qualifying for one or the other.
    Surely if you cross the income threshold, the time saved by utilizing the HOV lanes is worth more than the rebate, which is equivalent to roughly 0.83% of your income at that threshold amount.

• Like x 1
  11. Trevor B

Trevor B Active Member

already discussed several times ... not exactly breaking news

12. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

I'm gonna get this whole thread moved to snippiness if I said something.. so I won't. :D

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. forkee

forkee Member

not sure if bragging, or......

i'd gladly trade you my rebates for your income

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1