Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA rebate - maxed out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had no idea you can only get 2 rebates for the CA rebate since 2019...I got a model x and clarity, now when I try to apply for another one, it told me I am maxed out....
any idea if its too late to add my wife onto the car / loan? I just took the car on Thursday.

thanks.

This is likely better posted in the california section of TMC, since it is california specific.

If you are talking about adding someone onto the loan, you need to talk to whoever you financed that through. Saying that, I doubt just adding her name onto it will help you, since your name will still be on it, and you are the one over the limit.

Likely would have needed to be in your wifes name only, would be my guess, although I am not an expert in this.

I suggest you "report" your own post and ask the moderators to move it to the california section, where you might get more eyeballs that have more information / care about this topic.

California

Reactions: cwerdna
You can put the rebate in another name as long as they are on the registration.

I went though this with my latest Model 3.

My car has both my wife and i on the Registration. Since i wanted her on the registration, my credit union required her to be added as a name on the loan, but her credit was never checked, and the loan was not added to her credit report (So she technically didn't need to be on the loan in the eyes of CVRP.

The California rebate was applied in her name only. All they asked for in terms of ID was her California drivers license.

I happened to use a different address because we moved since our last Model 3, but the address doesn't really matter. The only instance that it would matter is if you sold your previous car that you got a rebate for before the 30 month required ownership period. It would be a way for them to catch you on that.

We plan to get her a model Y next year. She should have 1 more rebate available to her as long as the funds to run out.

Hope that helps!

You can put the rebate in another name as long as they are on the registration.

I went though this with my latest Model 3.

My car has both my wife and i on the Registration. Since i wanted her on the registration, my credit union required her to be added as a name on the loan, but her credit was never checked, and the loan was not added to her credit report (So she technically didn't need to be on the loan in the eyes of CVRP.

The California rebate was applied in her name only. All they asked for in terms of ID was her California drivers license.

I happened to use a different address because we moved since our last Model 3, but the address doesn't really matter. The only instance that it would matter is if you sold your previous car that you got a rebate for before the 30 month required ownership period. It would be a way for them to catch you on that.

We plan to get her a model Y next year. She should have 1 more rebate available to her as long as the funds to run out.

Hope that helps!

Its only 1 per person now (since december 3rd 2019). Since you just got one in her name, thats it.

FAQs. (from CVRP site)

==================

Purchaser or Lessee Requirements:

Vehicle Purchaser or Lessee:

• Rebate limits were reduced from 2 rebates to 1 rebate per any single entity for individual and business applicants for the life of the program. This is not applied retroactively. Applicants who have not already met their rebate limit prior to December 3, 2019, are eligible for one additional rebate after December 3rd, 2019. Those that have already met their two-rebate limit are ineligible for an additional rebate.

Reactions: cwerdna