TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CA Rebate

Discussion in 'California' started by shiftkenny, Aug 13, 2019 at 8:04 PM.

1. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

Any news on the 2500 rebate?

2. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

???

I got mine last year when I got my car. What are you talking about?

3. shiftkenny

shiftkenny Member

This year its been on hold till they replenish funds.. I just wanted to know if there are any news on it. I'm purchasing soon just waiting for the end of the year push. 2500 is a big factor on purchasing a more expensive LR than cheapest

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

5. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

In case OP doesnt want to click the link:

=====================================

Waitlist in effect for Standard Rebate Applications received on or after June 5, 2019

As of June 5, 2019, funding is only available for qualified lower-income applicants, as described here. All other applications for vehicles already purchased/leased will be processed and placed on a rebate waitlist. As of 06/27/2019, the Legislature approved $238 million in Cap-and-Trade auction proceeds for CVRP. However, we anticipate that it could take several months to receive the funding. Qualified applicants on the rebate waitlist will receive payment when the project receives more funding from the State of California. Additional updates will be provided here as they become known. Learn more.

The Rebate Now pilot for San Diego County will continue to process applications for qualified lower-income applicants, but Rebate Now applications for all other income levels will not be accepted during the CVRP waitlist.

===========================================

Translation: We expect funding to not be released for several months, and it will then go in order from submitted approved applications.

If you "need" this money to make the purchase, you should expect not to be reimbursed for "several months" so will need to come up with that money now.

• Like x 1