Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Temp Registration causing you issues? This should help...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to sell Cars in CA and ship them all across the country. California is probably the only (of course) state to issue temporary registrations that can't be easily seen by Law Enforcement. My customers would get pulled over constantly. One time I picked up a car from a Massachusetts dealer who advised me MA law actually permitted NO PLATE AT ALL on new and used dealer sales (not sure it's still that way but I digress). He had made his own "Temp Tag" which was nothing more then a recital of Mass law on the subject and that ended his problem with out of state customers. I thought the idea was brilliant so I decided to do the same with my customers and low and behold not a single report of a traffic stop since. Here I provide to you two of these, depending on where yours is placed. Simply use a sharpie to place whatever expiration date is on your official registration, laminate, punch the holes and mount where the rear plate goes. This should help you tremendously.

NOTE: Don't do this in California... CHP is very well trained in proper registration location so it's completely unnecessary.

Hope this helps!

CA TempRegFRONT2.jpg

CA TempRegREAR2.jpg

PS An awesome place to print this if you are able is the rear of the Tesla provided rear tag.

Attachments

• CA TempRegFRONT.jpg
    CA TempRegFRONT.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 661
  • CA TempRegREAR.jpg
    CA TempRegREAR.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 509
Last edited: