Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which would you keep if they both came up for delivery at the same time? :p

Don't know. Originally I would've definitely kept (or waited for) the LR if it was ready.... and I still might.

However, lately I've been thinking I might regret not spending a few extra bucks up front to get the Performance with more power, slightly better brakes, lower suspension, and better headlights. I already ran the numbers with a few insurance quotes and ironically the cost would be the same for either the LR or Perf, so really the only difference is the extra (saved up) cash up front and paying maybe $40/month more in payments.

Wheels won't play a factor with either as I already have a new complete set that'll immediately go on, but I've also taken into consideration the resale value on a complete set of 20" Inductions vs. 21" Turbines.

Don't know. Originally I would've definitely kept (or waited for) the LR if it was ready.... and I still might.

However, lately I've been thinking I might regret not spending a few extra bucks up front to get the Performance with more power, slightly better brakes, lower suspension, and better headlights. I already ran the numbers with a few insurance quotes and ironically the cost would be the same for either the LR or Perf, so really the only difference is the extra (saved up) cash up front and paying maybe $40/month more in payments.

Wheels won't play a factor with either as I already have a new complete set that'll immediately go on, but I've also taken into consideration the resale value on a complete set of 20" Inductions vs. 21" Turbines.
I was in that predicament too and upgraded to the P which I have 0 regrets. I also found someone who’s willing to trade his 20s for my 21s once I get it delivered.

If you can afford it, go for it by all means.

The consensus is 60 days on the forum. But when I called my sales advisor (since the delivery center was not answering), they stated 30 days?
Thanks! My SA didn’t seem to know when I asked he also said 60 days . I ended up researching and it’s definitely 30days. Guess I have to re-apply. (30days is up on the 19th and no VIN )

Reactions: Doge_2_moon
Thanks! My SA didn’t seem to know when I asked he also said 60 days . I ended up researching and it’s definitely 30days. Guess I have to re-apply. (30days is up on the 19th and no VIN )
I dont know if you have to right now. I would wait until you get the VIN and they'll resubmit it for you just like they did for me. The only thing is the bank changed from BMO Harris to Chase the second time, which I dont care.

Last edited:
I dont know if you have to right now. I would wait until you get the VIN and they'll resubmit it for you just like they did for me. The only think is the bank changed from BMO Harris to Chase the second time, which I dont care.
Agree, I emailed Tesla financing when financing expired at 60 days, and they said they would reprocess the application once delivery was scheduled.

Reactions: Doge_2_moon
Have been lurking since end of Q2! This place has been so helpful with all the waiting and anxiety 🤣

Ordered + completed 5/16 at Dublin | MYLR White | All Black | 20” 5 seat | No Tow No FSD | EDD was all over the place, similar to many May orders, was July 18-Aug 3 yesterday and this morning October

To corroborate what I’ve learned here and from my SA interactions:
- SA really have no idea and no control (told we’d have car by end of June, then quoted mid July build date for end of July delivery, but who knows) but since Q2 it’s been unprecedented for them. Dublin manager said in 5+ years with Tesla this is the first time he could not get cars to customers by EOQ.
- If you can go to a sales center, try to find the manager/supervisor. We lucked out that one of the managers at Dublin helped us complete the profile on site. He has been pretty helpful throughout, looked out for inventory cars for us when they still existed, responded to emails etc.
- Tesla employee friend from Fremont guesses they reshuffle the order list every few weeks and prioritize more expensive orders (P, FSD, etc) which makes sense as to why some later orders get fulfilled first

Here’s to hoping October means something good is around the corner 🙏🏻😬

Ordered & completed profile on 5/8. LR-base model-no FSD. Been getting the same push backs as everyone.
EDD on 7/15 was 7/16-7/31. 7/16 at 8am changed to October. Was about to blow up and cancel my order. At 9:40am I got the big blue button and accepted delivery! Got vin assigned and screenshot it in case it disappeared. By 11am EDD finally changed to 7/16-7/21, but I hadn’t received anything to schedule delivery. Texted my SA and he called me around 12 telling me the car is almost done in production and should be heading down within 1-2 days and I should receive it by the 21st at the latest. I asked why I hadn’t gotten a link to schedule delivery and he said since I’m getting a home delivery(was suppose to pick up from Burbank) and that if I don’t get a delivery link in 2 days I wouldn’t get one at all and if I do there probably won’t be any times showing anyway🤷🏽‍♀️. Woke up with another message and they said they’ll be delivering on 7/20.

Have been lurking since end of Q2! This place has been so helpful with all the waiting and anxiety 🤣

Ordered + completed 5/16 at Dublin | MYLR White | All Black | 20” 5 seat | No Tow No FSD | EDD was all over the place, similar to many May orders, was July 18-Aug 3 yesterday and this morning October

To corroborate what I’ve learned here and from my SA interactions:
- SA really have no idea and no control (told we’d have car by end of June, then quoted mid July build date for end of July delivery, but who knows) but since Q2 it’s been unprecedented for them. Dublin manager said in 5+ years with Tesla this is the first time he could not get cars to customers by EOQ.
- If you can go to a sales center, try to find the manager/supervisor. We lucked out that one of the managers at Dublin helped us complete the profile on site. He has been pretty helpful throughout, looked out for inventory cars for us when they still existed, responded to emails etc.
- Tesla employee friend from Fremont guesses they reshuffle the order list every few weeks and prioritize more expensive orders (P, FSD, etc) which makes sense as to why some later orders get fulfilled first

Here’s to hoping October means something good is around the corner 🙏🏻😬
My sale told me the same thing, they know nothing more than us! I ordered at Dublin too, and EDD is October too😂, hope something good happens soon!

Woke up excited to refresh my EDD which has been hovering end of July for the last couple weeks now. Instead, I got 7-11 weeks…. 💔

MYP White with White / no FSD/ no tow: Ordered / profile complete on 6/20/21
EDD posted 6/21: July 4- July 24
EDD updated 6/24: July 2 - July 22
EDD updated 6/25: June 27-June 30
EDD updated 6/26: June 28-June 30
EDD updated 6/27: 1-10 weeks
EDD updated 6/28: June 30-July 12
EDD updated 6/29: July 11-July 31
EDD updated 6/30: 6-10 weeks
EDD updated 7/1: July 4- July 24
EDD updated 7/3: July 5- July 24
EDD updated 7/4: July 6- July 24
EDD updated 7/5: July 11- July 24
EDD updated 7/7: July 11- July 31
EDD updated 7/10: July 24- August 14
EDD updated 7/11: July 13- July 31
EDD updated 7/12: July 14- July 31
EDD updated 7/13: July 15- July 31
EDD updated 7/14: July 16-July 31
EDD updated 7/15: August 1 - August 21
EDD updated 7/16: July 18-July 31
EDD updated 7/17: 7-11 weeks
I heard we’ll get ours sometime Q1 2022

Alright, since the other side of my brain got so excited I am now awake and still on my phone. Here’s the history 72 days in since my order:

5/6: Ordered & profile tasks completed
6/02: 6/18-6/30
6/05: 6/20-6/30
6/12: 7/3-7/23
6/15&17: September
6/18: 7/4-7/26
6/19: 6/24-6/30
6/22&23: 6/25-6/30
6/24: September
6/25: 6/27-6/30
6/26-7/03: September
7/04-7/05: 7/7-7/27
7/06: 7/8-7/27
7/07: 7/9-7/27
7/08&09: 7/10-7/27
7/10: 7/12-7/27
7/11; 7/13-7/27
7/12: 7/14-7/26
7/13: 7/15-7/27
7/14: 7/16-7/28
7/15: 7/17-7/27
7/16: 7/18-7/28
7:17: October (Got the button then VIN)

I’m not worried about it showing October but it goes to show EDD is… not terribly accurate.
Great news, I got October! 🤬😡😫
Omg, if I'm waiting until October, I better wait until next year. Lol
However, since your EDD days are similar to mine, fingers crossed, I get a VIN soon!!! 🙏

Reactions: JustYNot