Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last EDD was 8/6 - 8/18 this morning. The VIN I got 229XXX seems a bit older than what others have been getting in so cal (244XXX). I hope this is not a rejected car.

The review button seems to be greyed out still.
Congrats and hope you’re the first to be matched to that VIN too, but I understand the concern in the back of your mind. That is what happened to me a few weeks ago, got VIN-matched but it was 15000 older than current VIN range at the time. Turned out it had been rejected. At least your VIN should have HEPA.

My EDD is Aug 7 - Aug 19, ordered 5/9. Hoping I’m not too far behind you.

Reactions: Progolfer82
it should be underneath your RN# and VIN number

View attachment 692625
Thanks - I have no estimated delivery (or VIN). I will keep an eye out, although based on what I read here, it will be several months. My order is MYLR, 5 seater, blue, black interior, Geminis, +FSD. Two days ago, my advisor(s) said he would put in a request to have the tow hitch removed but it currently shows on my configuration. The longer I wait, the more I am tempted to just spring for the Performance for the 7-9 week delivery ...

Congrats and hope you’re the first to be matched to that VIN too, but I understand the concern in the back of your mind. That is what happened to me a few weeks ago, got VIN-matched but it was 15000 older than current VIN range at the time. Turned out it had been rejected. At least your VIN should have HEPA.

My EDD is Aug 7 - Aug 19, ordered 5/9. Hoping I’m not too far behind you.
How do you tell if the car was rejected by another customer? Did you ask for another car to be matched with?

How do you tell if the car was rejected by another customer? Did you ask for another car to be matched with?
I went to the Rocklin SC and they let me inspect it. Employees already circled a dent and other problem areas on the car so that was a clue. No one said it had been rejected but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. Plus the VIN was a month old. Surely they would have found a taker in a month before matching me, especially since it was built 6/25, right before EOQ.

I rejected it and am back in the queue.

C7449B1E-DCCE-471B-860D-BD7FB45B6A9C.jpeg

• Disagree
Reactions: jp2021
About 3 days ago a MYLR showed up in local inventory briefly. At this point in time, can I safely assume that any of these cars that appear in inventory are cars that have been rejected by a customer?
Gosh I hope not. I bought one of those. 236 so slightly older. We’ll see. I had to call again today and they still hadn’t shipped it from Fremont. Now that my financing is in order I’m calling every day until it’s on its way down.

I went to the Rocklin SC and they let me inspect it. Employees already circled a dent and other problem areas on the car so that was a clue. No one said it had been rejected but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. Plus the VIN was a month old. Surely they would have found a taker in a month before matching me, especially since it was built 6/25, right before EOQ.

I rejected it and am back in the queue.

View attachment 692663
Wow - I hate they are doing this, bad business. What was the VIN on this one?

Edit: Nevermind - it seems this occurred a while back.

Last edited:
About 3 days ago a MYLR showed up in local inventory briefly. At this point in time, can I safely assume that any of these cars that appear in inventory are cars that have been rejected by a customer?
Based on recent order experience, I would say yes. The VIN I rejected, with real defects, did in fact show up in inventory a few days later. But the reasons for rejection range from buyer backing out and unable to pay, to actual real issues with the car.

I previously bought an inventory Model S and that was flawless, other than some curb rash on a wheel that Tesla later fixed.

With the insane demand it shouldn’t be hard for Tesla to match a good car with the thousands of lined up buyers. That is why I’m shocked a car ends up in inventory. There must be a good/bad reason why it’s in inventory, know what I mean?

Last edited:
Reactions: Grovester
Based on recent order experience, I would say yes. The VIN I rejected, with real defects, did in fact show up in inventory a few days later. But the reasons for rejection range from buyer backing out and unable to pay, to actual real issues with the car.

I previously bought an inventory Model S and that was flawless, other than some curb rash on a wheel that Tesla later fixed.

With the insane demand it shouldn’t be hard for Tesla to match a good car with the thousands of lined up buyers. That is why I’m shocked a car ends up in inventory. There must be a good/bad reason why it’s in inventory, know what I mean?
So this is something I am also concerned about, being a rejected VIN, did it take a long time from the time you got VIN to schedule delivery?

Wow - I hate they are doing this, bad business. What was the VIN on this one?

I believe Tesla is fixing the issues before delivering to @balex95. Didn’t mean to call you out, balex, but I also didn’t want to talk about this VIN as if you didn’t exist/frequent this forum. I think balex still has an active order though in case they’re matched with a newer VIN before repairs are completed — smart move.

So this is something I am also concerned about, being a rejected VIN, did it take a long time from the time you got VIN to schedule delivery?
I received the VIN on Thursday 7/22 and it was scheduled for home delivery Monday 7/26. It was a challenge just to get unmatched. I mean, no one really thinks they’re going to reject a car they’ve been waiting months for but it took four days to finally get it unmatched. I called two SCs and no one ever picked up. That is why I had to physically go to the SC to deal with someone in person. It also didn’t help that my local SC is Rocklin but my SA is in Dublin, CA. My SA would unmatch repeatedly but the VIN kept coming back in my account within minutes. I was worried they would still deliver the car to my driveway and that my loam would auto start on a VIN I didn’t want. It all worked out though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tes60 and AlB3
I received the VIN on Thursday 7/22 and it was scheduled for home delivery Monday 7/26. It was a challenge just to get unmatched. I mean, no one really thinks they’re going to reject a car they’ve been waiting months for but it took four days to finally get it unmatched. I called two SCs and no one ever picked up. That is why I had to physically go to the SC to deal with someone in person. It also didn’t help that my local SC is Rocklin but my SA is in Dublin, CA. I was worried they would still deliver the car to my driveway and that my loam would auto start on a VIN I didn’t want. It all worked out though.
hmm this is good info thanks for sharing and hopefully it works out soon for you!

Reactions: FatherTo1
On the order pages, where should the delivery date appear after I have ordered the car? I had an estimate of October when I was ordering it, but now I see no date anywhere.

Also, I seem to have more than one "advisor". Is this normal? When I asked questions in online chat, he basically said he would forward my requests to my advisor, but I still am not 100% sure who that is.

There is some weirdness that seems to be happening to a number of folks. My EDD used to say "December", but now it doesn't even have that. So mine is blank like yours is... I'm guessing that Austin is getting close so they are juggling what will be made where and when.

Previously, we all recognized that the EDD's were semi-random numbers that changed a lot. But now some folks don't even have EDD's anymore (me, you).

However, I'm not too stressed about the process. My last 3 cars I had bought directly from the factory (1992 Pontiac Bonneville, 2006 Infiniti M35, and 2018 Mazda CX9). The dealer provided zero info other than when my car was loaded onto the train (or ship) for the trip to California. So I had plenty of time at that point to arrange financing. The issue with Tesla is that being so close to Fremont means that my time-window between VIN assignment and needing a check-in-hand is very tight.

For folks used to walking onto a dealer's lot, pointing at a car, and saying "I'll take that", I'm sure this factory-direct process is something new and stressful. But I'm used to it... And I'm GLAD that I don't have to walk onto a dealer's lot. On the other hand, my local Chevy/GMC dealer down the street from my home has 7 (seven) new cars for sale on his incredibly empty expansive lot. And those same 7 cars were there yesterday, and the day before, and ... There are more cars for the Service Department employees than the number of new cars. COVID + supply chain + $4.59/gal gas is killing ICE.

Scott

PS yes, I paid $4.59/gallon to fill up this morning. The problem of a small town combined with the gas station directly on a major freeway out in the middle of no where. 7 fillups/month * $4.59/gallon * 15 gallons/fillup = $482/month. These savings are a huge chunk of my new MY LR monthly payment.

PPS my new MY LR will be replacing my 2006 Infiniti M35. 370,000 miles. So when Elon says that Tesla's should last longer than ICE, I have a high bar for him to live up to :)

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: -blank-
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
Reactions: Macroach
I am unsure why I cannot see this in the purchase agreement. The rep I chatted said it should be there also.

On a computer: go to your page, then select the Completed Tasks tab (to the right of the default Next Steps tab), then hit the + icon at the bottom of the list to expand the list, then look down farther for "CA Clean Fuel Reward- $1,500.00"

On a cell phone the process is probably similar.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: -blank-
DC: Stockton

Reactions: jp2021