Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also considered the MYP. But for me after looking at the price difference ($7k at time of order after wheels and AB). Then it
with wheels I didn’t want (can’t rotate, faster wear, harsher ride, more expensive tires, more likely to get damaged on a pothole), and the suspension I didn’t need (harsher ride) and brakes I’ll rarely use I just couldn’t justify the extra cost.

Now especially with my $48990 base price the cost difference to change is just not worth it in anyway.

I do like the look and performance of the P, but I can’t justify the investment when the MYLR already has really good performance.

Maybe next go around. 😉
My wife and I had this conversation yesterday too. We already put a deposit down for PPF, she wanted color PPF so we’re going from white to a custom color PPF. Our base model y same price as yours plus the PPF deposit was still cheaper than switching to a model P. So tempting to bite the bullet but we can wait and she said it herself best “giving tesla extra money for this debacle, It’s the principal and we can’t let them win”

I'm starting to think white interior was a mistake. I was thinking... cooler car, less AC, more range, but... oh well.

But it looks so good!!!!

My EDD remains the same today 9/19 to 9/30. We will see!

@Reebles I know right??? I'm assuming the reference to White being bad was delivery delays... I just checked the delivery tracking sheet, and for all of the AUG 2021 VIN's assigned, 43 were White and 101 where Black interior. I'm not really seeing anything that says the White Interior is causing any significant delays. I may be wrong, but data from the last 31 days doesn't seem to show it.

@Reebles I know right??? I'm assuming the reference to White being bad was delivery delays... I just checked the delivery tracking sheet, and for all of the AUG 2021 VIN's assigned, 43 were White and 101 where Black interior. I'm not really seeing anything that says the White Interior is causing any significant delays. I may be wrong, but data from the last 31 days doesn't seem to show it.
That’s what I assumed as well. I checked the spreadsheet too for the same reason. I also didn’t find one other vehicle with my exact same specs, wondering if that helps me or not. Lol