Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, new here. 👋 I ordered my MYLR (Red with 20" induction wheels) on 8/24/21. I started with an EDD of just "January" but now have an EDD range of 12/22/21 - 1/11/22. I sold my Mazda CX-5 and am currently driving...limping along in....a 2013 Fiat 500. These are going to be the longest few months of my life. :) I'm here living vicariously through you!
Ordered on 8/21 from the Bay Area and I have the same EDD as you. Looking forward to see how it progresses for us!

MYLR White/White, Induction Wheels, no FSD, no tow, 5 seater with a 7/16/21 order date - my EDD updated last night from 10/21/21 - 11/7/21 to 9/29/21 - 930/21. What does a 1-day range mean? I’ve read a bit through this thread but haven’t seen that yet.
From a prior post...

The smaller window against end-of-quarter is them just trying to squeeze you into an EOQ delivery. That is why you see 9/28-9/30. The smaller window is rarely good when up against end of quarter. Just a small chance it'll happen (this far out for EOQ).

Reactions: DZMY
From a prior post...

The smaller window against end-of-quarter is them just trying to squeeze you into an EOQ delivery. That is why you see 9/28-9/30. The smaller window is rarely good when up against end of quarter. Just a small chance it'll happen (this far out for EOQ).
Agree. I had 9/29-9/30 for a couple of days a few weeks ago (OD: 7/11) then it moved to 9/30-10/20, followed by current 10/13-11/2 for over a week now (not counting the generic October). Enjoy it while it’s in September (I know I would get a temporary “so you’re saying there’s a chance” feel good moment if mine moves there again), and who knows maybe you will get EoQ. Seems to be a bit of a crap shoot, and “it’ll get here when it gets here” is my adopted attitude.

Agree. I had 9/29-9/30 for a couple of days a few weeks ago (OD: 7/11) then it moved to 9/30-10/20, followed by current 10/13-11/2 for over a week now (not counting the generic October). Enjoy it while it’s in September (I know I would get a temporary “so you’re saying there’s a chance” feel good moment if mine moves there again), and who knows maybe you will get EoQ. Seems to be a bit of a crap shoot, and “it’ll get here when it gets here” is my adopted attitude.

From a prior post...

Right, I suspect my EDD with soon take a similar path as yours. But seeing an EDD a few weeks out is strangely exciting even though I mostly don’t believe it.

Just received the below text. Anyone else get the same thing? Is it legit? And a sign that it’s really coming?
Not necessarily. I received the same invitation a month ago. I attended the TEAMS orientation and asked in chat if this means I’m getting my car soon?…….they ignored my question 😂😂😂. Then on 8/16 my EDD changed to a generics c OCTOBER for a week. It is now 9/11-9/30 🤞🏼.

Reactions: LSJR
Look at it this way. Most April and May orders have already been delivered. A few stragglers but for the most part majority are delivered. So assume you may get pushed back a week or two past your original EDD, but they don’t let orders hang around for 6 months (in general) just to wait for the next EOQ.

In general the current wait for new orders feels like 90-110 days. So assume that.

May order here. Bay Area resident just 20 minutes south of Fremont plant. Still no VIN. EDD 9/11-9/30. 99 DAYS AND WAITING……..

Wait - I don't remember uploading insurance, but it has been a while since I started this process (late May ordering and early July completed profile). I have the EDD but this is what I have on the same page:

Proof of insurance is required to take delivery.

Your Tesla VIN must be listed on your policy in all but these states.

The "Get Tesla Insurance" button is not editable.

BTW, my EDD is now 10/1 - 10/21. UGH!

Since we are in California, we don't need VIN-specific insurance. Your existing insurance is fine. On your Tesla web page, there is a Next Steps tab (next to the Completed Tasks tab). Under Next Steps, one of the items is Insurance. You may need to click the "+", "-", or "check" icon to expand it. If you uploaded your existing insurance card, it will show there.

There is also a big "Get A Tesla Insurance Quote" button. I think Insurance stays in the "Next Steps" category is so that they can have people click that "Get a Tesla Insurance Quote" button. But you don't need to. It is also there so that you can update your insurance if it expires before delivery of your vehicle (because deliveries are taking many months).

If your insurance card isn't shown there, then you need to upload a jpeg of it. Just the front side is fine. And the expiration date needs to be after your EDD. If your card expires, then upload a new version of the latest card.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: 12/21 - 1/10
DC: Stockton