Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at my signature - profile date is 5/22... If that matters more than order date, then I guess I am considered a May order.

I'm pretty sure that the clock starts when you complete your profile. Ditto for when someone releases a hold.

I think that one advantage of a hold is that it locks-in the price (?). If true, I wish I had ordered my MY a year ago; then immediately put a hold on it...

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: 12/21 - 1/10
DC: Stockton

Last edited:
Look at my signature - profile date is 5/22... If that matters more than order date, then I guess I am considered a May order.
Darn... guess that's what happens when I use my phone to look at this site... it doesn't include signatures unless I rotate to landscape mode. (IMO, there should at least be an option to expand one's signature in portrait mode since that's how most people use their mobile devices other than when playing games or watching videos).

Yes, that May 22 completion date and your 9/9 - 9/29 EDD aligns with many mid to end of May California orders from what I've seen.

Reactions: Where’s my car
So, I'll ask a very stupid question. I keep on seeing "profile date" on this board. What does that mean? I was at the dealer and ordered by configuration and paid the deposit. On the website, I've completed the Delivery Location, Registration, and Payment Method. I have not filled in the "Trade-In" yet.

So, I'll ask a very stupid question. I keep on seeing "profile date" on this board. What does that mean? I was at the dealer and ordered by configuration and paid the deposit. On the website, I've completed the Delivery Location, Registration, and Payment Method. I have not filled in the "Trade-In" yet.
Not a stupid question at all. :) “Profile Date” is when you’ve completed all of the steps in your “profile”. It’s further along than just placing the Order, which is the “Order Date”.

Spoke to my SA just now - my soft date is currently sitting at 9/18 (after being pushed from 8/28 to 9/3 to 9/12), with EDD 9/9-9/29. He also said it could be pushed even further to September 30th because of the EOQ rush because they are going to deliver A LOT OF teslas this month... So we will see... I've waited almost 5 months... a couple of more weeks is nothing... 🤣
I think we are likely to be within a day of each other. My edd is currently 9 -29

MY is going to be delivered on Friday morning!!! Had a productive day preparing for MY. Approved for auto loan from DCU at 1.24% for 65 months and plan on asking Tesla to price match, increasing the loan to 72 months. Which is fine. Accepted Tesla insurance and they were by far the cheapest! Woohoo 🥳
Congrats!

What was your OD?

I been hearing people on here using DCU with the crazy low rates. I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with Arrowhead Credit Union?

Congrats!

What was your OD?

I been hearing people on here using DCU with the crazy low rates. I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with Arrowhead Credit Union?
Thanks! Ordered 4/3 completed financing 5/17. Don’t know about Arrowhead but DCU is legit! If Tesla does not price match I am happy to do business with them. Just thinking I like the lower monthly payments with the 7 month longer loan.

MY is going to be delivered on Friday morning!!! Had a productive day preparing for MY. Approved for auto loan from DCU at 1.24% for 65 months and plan on asking Tesla to price match, increasing the loan to 72 months. Which is fine. Accepted Tesla insurance and they were by far the cheapest! Woohoo 🥳
Tesla insurance? Does that only cover the tesla? What about multi-vehicle discounts? Only good for multiple teslas?

To further clarify, if your profile is not yet asking for “Insurance” then your profile is not complete. If you are at the “Trade In” option and haven’t progressed past that then your profile is not complete. I would say No Trade In (it’ll expire anyway) and choose Cash for purchase. Once you have a VIN you can change all of those other details.

I didn’t change the pick up location, my SA texted me and said the system automatically updated it. I texted him asking if this will delay my delivery and haven’t heard back yet.

Let me know if you end up picking up in Cam! Also what’s your OD?
I got a text message a bit ago saying they are moving my pick up location to Camarillo and that it won’t change my delivery time. But I see my delivery date has changed a bit. It’s now 9/11-9/27. My OD is 6/2.

Reactions: DDubbsEV