Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you set payment as cash they will offer you a home delivery. But if it’s financed then more likely a pickup at delivery center. There are 2 types of home delivery. Hand off or drop off. Hand off is when they collect the payment from you upon delivery. Drop off is when full payment has been submitted online via wire transfer so all they do is park your car and leave. Right now they prioritize the drop off because it’s a for sure sale. Hand off can be risky if it ends up being rejected or payment issues(it does happen) and they have to take it back.
Per my experience, i was told that we have to pay before they delivery the car to home or pick it up at the store if we want to inspect the car first. I chose to pick it up at my store - Buena Park

thank you so much…I can’t believe that this was outstanding. Does this mean that my profile date wasn‘t in July but today? I had taken care of financing. I’m going to cry if today is the profile date.

The sad thing is that I went into Tesla store…they looked up my profile and said that I was good to go 3 weeks ago!! 😭

I'm afraid so. The clock starts when the Profile is complete.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Well, I was on the EDD rollercoaster for a grand total of 5 days. Now my EDD is "January"

So I had "December" for 35 days, 12/21-1/10 for 5 days, and now "January". 😢

This whole process would be easier if we could just show up in Fremont, point to a car as it comes off the line, and hand them a briefcase full of money. I'd even let them keep the briefcase 😄

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

There is no way to find that info on your account. I asked my service center for that date the other day and they couldn’t tell me either. Perhaps you have a confirmation email from Tesla around the time of profile completion? I personally couldn’t find anything in my emails.
Maybe you can..... I just opened the "Source" page for my tesla order, and found this timestamp (matches my hold release date + profile completion date):

"lastUpdateDatetime":"2021-06-04T22:50:12"

Check yours, maybe it just shows original profile completion date, maybe latest completion date. I don't know.

Edit: This may be specific to Registration details "Update" date.

Reactions: e645824