Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome! Congrats! Did you figure out this issue? It would be weird if you can't use the screen when chilling at a Supercharger. I haven't tried charging on my test drives, hmmm.

Any other surprises? (good or not so good)

How does she drive? Need I ask... ;)
Awesome! Congrats! Did you figure out this issue? It would be weird if you can't use the screen when chilling at a Supercharger. I haven't tried charging on my test drives, hmmm.

Any other surprises? (good or not so good)

How does she drive? Need I ask... ;)
Thanks 😊 No other problems with the car it’s perfect! In fact it’s working just fine now. I believe it had to do with me sitting in the passenger side since it works fine from the driver’s side.

The day has finally come..... got my VIN this morning (9/13) from my order back on 2/21. It only took 204 days :rolleyes:

Well, I actually got a VIN for this order back in March (139xxx), but after the debacle of Tesla selling my car right before taking delivery of it, I was placed back into the waiting queue and finally received another VIN today (273xxx). I received the VIN for my MYP on 8/18 and that was 252xxx, so Tesla has made at least 21,000 cars in the past month.

I thought about holding off on taking delivery and getting bumped to the end of the line so I can get a 2022 delivery with a Y built with the megacast pieces, at the $48,990 price. However, I had a couple of friends wanting to buy this car so I'm going to buy it and resell it to one of them at my cost to who ever is ready to take it. If both of them flake on this, then I shouldn't have any trouble reselling this right way and getting my money back (total 'out of pocket' price is $57,044 for a 'basic' wht/blk MYLR, Gemini 5-seater, with the addition of the Tow pkg).

Third time is the charm! after my first two VIN's didn't make it out of the factory this third one finally has yielded good results! got a text Saturday morning for delivery setup on 9/15!!

The last SA I talked to, it is not common to receive three VINs before getting the vehicle.. I just was the lucky one to get this situation, hopefully nobody else runs into this issue!

The day has finally come..... got my VIN this morning (9/13) from my order back on 2/21. It only took 204 days :rolleyes:

Well, I actually got a VIN for this order back in March (139xxx), but after the debacle of Tesla selling my car right before taking delivery of it, I was placed back into the waiting queue and finally received another VIN today (273xxx). I received the VIN for my MYP on 8/18 and that was 252xxx, so Tesla has made at least 21,000 cars in the past month.

I thought about holding off on taking delivery and getting bumped to the end of the line so I can get a 2022 delivery with a Y built with the megacast pieces, at the $48,990 price. However, I had a couple of friends wanting to buy this car so I'm going to buy it and resell it to one of them at my cost to who ever is ready to take it. If both of them flake on this, then I shouldn't have any trouble reselling this right way and getting my money back (total 'out of pocket' price is $57,044 for a 'basic' wht/blk MYLR, Gemini 5-seater, with the addition of the Tow pkg).
Congrats!

not to judge but really curious are your friends paying you your otd price? That means another 10pp to CA gov and make it only less than 8k diff from a new myp (otd 70k) coming in probably in 8w. again I’m just trying to understand peoples mindset. I see a lot of used MY labeled at 70k+ (sell price, ttl not included yet) on carmax…

paperwork completed 9/10 and they called me 9/11 to tell me that they are delivering it 9/12 instead of the original 9/13 date which is why I can’t sleep now since it’s just less than 12 hrs away 😂
Delivered yesterday afternoon!!! Absolutely love it!!! Hope you guys get yours soon!!

Attachments

• 6F9708FE-3A48-434E-903C-7A6A3B6E240C.jpeg
    6F9708FE-3A48-434E-903C-7A6A3B6E240C.jpeg
    690.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 6847A4EF-8C36-45A0-BCFD-885532C7CF93.jpeg
    6847A4EF-8C36-45A0-BCFD-885532C7CF93.jpeg
    795.1 KB · Views: 35
not to judge but really curious are your friends paying you your otd price? That means another 10pp to CA gov and make it only less than 8k diff from a new myp (otd 70k) coming in probably in 8w. again I’m just trying to understand peoples mindset. I see a lot of used MY labeled at 70k+ (sell price, ttl not included yet) on carmax…

Whoops, my bad.... I was looking at our other Model 3 order when I pulled that number. LOL.

My OTD cost of this MYLR is $54,520 and that's what I'm selling it to them for. I'm not looking to make any money from it, just passing along the savings.

My OTD cost on my MYP was $72,400 so almost a $20k difference in price :p

My EDD is still sitting at 9/21 - 9/30. I am getting nervous now since I am on a trip between 9/17 - 9/27 and you know the moment I leave for the trip I will get the VIN. Anybody know how I can enjoy my trip and still get the car if Tesla provides me a delivery timeframe within my trip dates ?

Whoops, my bad.... I was looking at our other Model 3 order when I pulled that number. LOL.

My OTD cost of this MYLR is $54,520 and that's what I'm selling it to them for. I'm not looking to make any money from it, just passing along the savings.

My OTD cost on my MYP was $72,400 so almost a $20k difference in price :p
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense then. Still don’t understand who’s gonna buy a used MYLR at 70k+ on carmax though

Third time is the charm! after my first two VIN's didn't make it out of the factory this third one finally has yielded good results! got a text Saturday morning for delivery setup on 9/15!!

The last SA I talked to, it is not common to receive three VINs before getting the vehicle.. I just was the lucky one to get this situation, hopefully nobody else runs into this issue!
Surprised your July MYLR order has gotten three VINs before many of us May or June orders have gotten any VINs and that this third one is actually sticking. Congrats! You're a lucky one for getting one in just over 2 months while there are many of us with over 100 days still waiting for a VIN.

Reactions: AlB3