Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question - why are us in CA having such extended and far out dates when we can literally accept delivery same, next or couple of days after production?Doesn’t make sense that they ship off outside of the state first.
It most likely is that it takes longer to get cars to the furthest geographic regions of the country but to meet end of quarter numbers they need to ship cars to them first until they finally get to west coast.

Ordered March 26, 5 seat, Black exterior, white Interior, tow, no FSD, 20" wheels. No delivery date for me since the beginning. no calls from tesla, I called them but no body answer. I tried talking to sale rep here in Americana but they have no idea when is the delivery date and where is the delivery area. Done with all paper works, even paid my down payment already so I don't have do anything on delivery day.

Ordered March 26, 5 seat, Black exterior, white Interior, tow, no FSD, 20" wheels. No delivery date for me since the beginning. no calls from tesla, I called them but no body answer. I tried talking to sale rep here in Americana but they have no idea when is the delivery date and where is the delivery area. Done with all paper works, even paid my down payment already so I don't have do anything on delivery day.
Then sit back and relax an be surprised and excited when you MY arrives !!!!!

Reactions: koksanti72@gma
Just a couple quick updates... Forgot to say this is also the LR AWD out of Burbank. Overnight the updates changed to "Estimated Delivery: June 09 - June 30". I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm patient, I took my first test drive with the MY a year ago and just got around to ordering one yesterday.

Reactions: swheat6345
Back to 05/31-06/20. 👎🏻 This is where I was at when I placed my order on 04/24.
I think yesterday was a cruel joke in making me believe my dates moved up by 2-3 weeks.
So I’ve been at the 05/31 - 06/20 since Thursday. Is that a good thing or bad thing?

My husband reminded me that we placed our order in mid-March but put a hold until we were ready to buy on 04/24. We did change our build from 7 seats down to 5 seats. Not sure if our order date goes off the mid-March date or the 04/24 date, and if us changing our configuration impacted anything. I guess it’s all a guessing game with Tesla. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ordered Apr 30, LR Black, 20" Induction, no FSD. Completed profile next day. However I asked our SA if he could push to an August delivery and he said "he would note it in the system." We're a one car family and might as well wait till our current lease is up. So we'll see how that pans out.

Ordered 04/05. First ETA was end of April to Mid May. Then it kept changing. It stayed at 05/02 - 05/22 for a couple weeks. Got pushed out again and ETA is now showing 05/11 - 05/30.
does this mean (by some miracle) you could theoretically get the car tomorrow? how does that work? i am guessing they give you a text on 5/11 with option for delivery pickup.

I have heard you have a 3 day window to pickup the car before it goes to the inventory or next one in line.

This constant changing timeline makes me nervous as to when to time my financing application. Guess I will just have to do it a few days before and bank on same day approval.

does this mean (by some miracle) you could theoretically get the car tomorrow? how does that work? i am guessing they give you a text on 5/11 with option for delivery pickup.

I have heard you have a 3 day window to pickup the car before it goes to the inventory or next one in line.

This constant changing timeline makes me nervous as to when to time my financing application. Guess I will just have to do it a few days before and bank on same day approval.
I don't think I can get the car tomorrow theoretically because I don't even have a VIN yet. I'm not keeping my hopes up because it already happened to me before. The dates just kept moving and it's doing it again. Yesterday I had an ETA of 05/10 - 05/30 and now it's 05/11 - 05/30.