Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for 10/21!

Couple of questions:

1. Website is stating pay down payment before delivery. If I make a larger down payment will that automatically adjust the monthly?

2. Do I make the down payment now or wait until I go see the car?
I was told that you can actually pay your final amount by cashier's check at pick up. I paid mine using the Plaid thing though. It didn't allow me to readjust the payment amount. I believe you need to have Tesla do that for you.

My EDD chart probably is one the most boring ones :)

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: e645824
Is there someone with a model Y that can tell us what the manufacturing date was when it was delivered to you? What was the difference in date?

In general, for California deliveries the manufacture date is just a few days before the delivery date. NorCal sooner, SoCal a tad later. Tracking the latest VIN number posted here in this forum tells you if you have a fresh car or a reworked car. Fremont produces and transports roughly 1,000 Model Y per day (i.e. people posted VIN ...MF296xxx and today is Day# 292 of the year; things speed up and slow down depending on supply chain issues)

Someone with a car in-hand can provide details. I'm still a couple of weeks away...

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: Oct 20 - Oct 31
DC: Stockton

In general, for California deliveries the manufacture date is just a few days before the delivery date. NorCal sooner, SoCal a tad later. Tracking the latest VIN number posted here in this forum tells you if you have a fresh car or a reworked car. Fremont produces and transports roughly 1,000 Model Y per day (i.e. people posted VIN ...MF296xxx and today is Day# 292 of the year; things speed up and slow down depending on supply chain issues)

Someone with a car in-hand can provide details. I'm still a couple of weeks away...

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
Your EDD Is so close! I take it you haven't gotten a VIN yet? Jealous of your EDD :(

Scott

--

I exchanged messages with a MYP owner on reddit. His man date was 9/21 and he received his MYP 9/18/21. Not clear why Canada would have their cars delivered two months after the man date.

Your EDD Is so close! I take it you haven't gotten a VIN yet? Jealous of your EDD :(

I'm jealous of my EDD also (and I hope that it comes true). My EDD was the generic "December" for many many weeks, then the generic "January" for many many weeks. Without notice, it just turned to "Oct 18 - Oct 31" a few days ago, and now says "Oct 20 - Oct 31". I'm approaching Day #80.

Since I thought that I still had a couple of months to arrange financing, I had to scramble over the weekend to get PenFed setup (loan approved this morning; PenFed uses Equifax FICO Auto Score 9). And my Wall Charger arrived from the Tesla warehouse in Lathrop and will be installed this weekend (ordered as soon as I saw "Oct 18 - Oct 31").

My happy-meter is pegged right now. :)

Scott

--

Last edited:
Is there someone with a model Y that can tell us what the manufacturing date was when it was delivered to you? What was the difference in date?
I picked up my MYLR on Oct 12, and its manufacture date was "October 2021" (VIN 284XXX). So pretty close. :) But I picked it up from Vallejo CA which is just across the bay from the factory.

I was told that you can actually pay your final amount by cashier's check at pick up. I paid mine using the Plaid thing though. It didn't allow me to readjust the payment amount. I believe you need to have Tesla do that for you.
I was able to have Tesla reset my financial agreement and I was able to modify the terms (change amount due) to align with the monthly I wanted to pay. Worked out pretty easily!

I picked up my MYLR on Oct 12, and its manufacture date was "October 2021" (VIN 284XXX). So pretty close. :) But I picked it up from Vallejo CA which is just across the bay from the factory.

The sticker on the driver's side B-pillar has the month/year. But the VIN tag on the dashboard should have the month/day/year. I'm guessing that a 284xxx number was roughly 12 days ago (October 6) ?

Scott

--

Update for this thread. Was it just yesterday I received my VIN?!? It is indeed a whirlwind. Got text this morning (8:15 am) to schedule delivery. Received call at 9:35 from delivery center trying to assist with getting it scheduled. If I had everything lined up could have had home delivery tomorrow, but still needed to get a cashiers check and go to CarMax to get an offer (as they only do them in person for Tesla’s here). Told the person I’d schedule on line later after all my meetings (why does it seem my work schedule with meetings is off the chart this week??)

Anyway CarMax, offered me $41k for my 2019 M3 SR+ with 21.6K miles!! I tried to conceal my delight thinking they might take it away. For comparison Tesla is currently offering $31,700 (which is still up from the original May offer of $27K when I first started this saga of considering the upgrade to the Y). Could go back to next highest offer and see if they want to beat it, but not going to get greedy.

Picking up cashiers check tomorrow around lunch. Completing the deal with CarMax tomorrow late afternoon. And…..wait for it….Picking up the Y on Thursday at 3:00 at the Irvine Delivery Center. Had meetings up until 2:30 and the home deliver window wasn’t going to work and rather than wait until Friday for home service, well who wants to wait one more day? Plus seems like I’ll get more opportunity to inspect the car before handing over the cashiers check.

Thanks for all the support. Congrats to others that have picked up already or will pick up soon. And hope the rest that are still waiting get good news in the near future.

Update for this thread. Was it just yesterday I received my VIN?!? It is indeed a whirlwind. Got text this morning (8:15 am) to schedule delivery. Received call at 9:35 from delivery center trying to assist with getting it scheduled. If I had everything lined up could have had home delivery tomorrow, but still needed to get a cashiers check and go to CarMax to get an offer (as they only do them in person for Tesla’s here). Told the person I’d schedule on line later after all my meetings (why does it seem my work schedule with meetings is off the chart this week??)

Anyway CarMax, offered me $41k for my 2019 M3 SR+ with 21.6K miles!! I tried to conceal my delight thinking they might take it away. For comparison Tesla is currently offering $31,700 (which is still up from the original May offer of $27K when I first started this saga of considering the upgrade to the Y). Could go back to next highest offer and see if they want to beat it, but not going to get greedy.

Picking up cashiers check tomorrow around lunch. Completing the deal with CarMax tomorrow late afternoon. And…..wait for it….Picking up the Y on Thursday at 3:00 at the Irvine Delivery Center. Had meetings up until 2:30 and the home deliver window wasn’t going to work and rather than wait until Friday for home service, well who wants to wait one more day? Plus seems like I’ll get more opportunity to inspect the car before handing over the cashiers check.

Thanks for all the support. Congrats to others that have picked up already or will pick up soon. And hope the rest that are still waiting get good news in the near future.
So exciting, isn’t it?!? Good luck!!

I got a text this morning as well and set up pick up up for Friday. Then the delivery center called me this afternoon and said the car had arrived. They asked if I wanted to pick it up tomorrow, and I said “hell yes!!!”

Tomorrow will be 100 days since releasing/completing my order. So excited!!

Good luck to you on Thursday!!

Congrats buddy! Even if you are a Trojan fan….

I received the blue button to acknowledge the Vision system. And was assigned a VIN: ...MF299xxx 🎉 Order Date is 07/31, received VIN on 10/20. Today is Day# 81.

The Tesla "Review Documents" button is still inaccessible. And the paragraph under the EDD range (Oct 22 - Oct 26) still says that they'll reach out to me to schedule delivery. OK, how does that reach-out process work? So far, I've used the web page interface and I haven't received any emails from Tesla nor my SA.

My Tesla Wall Charger is in-hand and will be installed this weekend. So I'm just awaiting my PenFed check.

Scott

--

EDD: Oct 22 - Oct 26
VIN: ...MF299xxx

I received the blue button to acknowledge the Vision system. And was assigned a VIN: ...MF299xxx 🎉 Order Date is 07/31, received VIN on 10/20. Today is Day# 81.

The Tesla "Review Documents" button is still inaccessible. And the paragraph under the EDD range (Oct 22 - Oct 26) still says that they'll reach out to me to schedule delivery. OK, how does that reach-out process work? So far, I've used the web page interface and I haven't received any emails from Tesla nor my SA.

My Tesla Wall Charger is in-hand and will be installed this weekend. So I'm just awaiting my PenFed check.

Scott

--

Congrats!! It will be inaccessible until 24 hours before you receive the car. In my case, it didn’t turn blue until the car was delivered because there was a glitch. iIt’ll need to be accessible before you can take delivery.

I had the option to schedule delivery a day after I got the VIN, I think….in my signature which I can’t see Right now as I’m typing.

Know how inaccessible they are now? As soon as your car is at the delivery center, they’ll call and email you!

Does anyone know the latest car status phone number? Now that I have a VIN, I tried 888-518-3752 and 510-249-3100 but that didn't seem to work anymore like it used to.

Thanks,

Scott

--