Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the text message VIN is assigned, would like to delay the delivery till next quarter, dont want to miss EV credits (i know the bill hasnt passed yet). I already went to showroom in end of Oct and asked my SA to delay my delivery till next quarter not sure if he really made the change. I called/texted my SA now but no response yet. From the website i only see an option to accept. Do i have any other option aside from waiting for my SA to get back to me ?

Nice! The shop I am going to only does XPEL so I'll likely do the Prime Plus at 70% (Xpel doesn't have anything lighter). How much did it cost? My quotes have been ~$1k all windows except top
Ah I see…man 1K is expensive for everything except the rooftop. I did the Llumar IRX Nano Ceramic for the front (15%), back and rears (30%) plus the windshield all for $710. If adding the rooftop would've been an extra $540. So decided to buy a rooftop mesh cover off Amazon for $50 😂😂😂😂

Just got the text message VIN is assigned, would like to delay the delivery till next quarter, dont want to miss EV credits (i know the bill hasnt passed yet). I already went to showroom in end of Oct and asked my SA to delay my delivery till next quarter not sure if he really made the change. I called/texted my SA now but no response yet. From the website i only see an option to accept. Do i have any other option aside from waiting for my SA to get back to me ?
yea you do, call the service center. however I think they can only push it out 90 days after your OD

I guess unlike most, my EDD actually moved up. Just expanded the front of it though really. New EDD is 12/8-12/31. I know nothing about Tesla’s logistics and what “cutting costs” would mean (obviously it says not hiring contractors etc but I mean from a geographic perspective). My first theory is that the impact was to move everyone to a more “true” date where your spot in line would be, vs moving a bunch of CA back/up to hit a huge EOQ number. In this scenario I moved up because my real date was early-mid dec, others slipped because their real date was in January. I have literally no facts to back this up, just speculating.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Says 10/11 in signature. A little tip for anyone on mobile, whenever anyone doesn’t indicate it, it’s probably in their signature. You only see the signature if you flip to landscape mode on mobile
Says 10/11 in signature. A little tip for anyone on mobile, whenever anyone doesn’t indicate it, it’s probably in their signature. You only see the signature if you flip to landscape mode on mobile.
Ah I see, I am on mobile lol. Bur wow, now to a 5-6 month wait now is just crazy. Good luck to everyone!!

For some reason I have been waking up every night around 3:30 -4:00 am to check my EDD status for the past couple of days lol
And as usual its still the same Jan 14-Feb 11. Every morning before I refresh, I think today is the day when I get my VIN but all I get is Disappointment.
I am sure formula for Delay Delivery = Red color and Tow Hitch

Reactions: Naija King
My window started on 11/29 and overnight changed to 12/9 but narrowed to 20 days instead of 30 so I guess that’s positive?

What happens if I am away for Christmas and they want to deliver? Can I tell them to hold for a couple of days?
Same configuration with the exception of the wheels, OD 8/2. I’ve been in 12/10 - 12/30 window since late August, so it appears we may be in the same boat. Let’s hope sooner rather than later.

For some reason I have been waking up every night around 3:30 -4:00 am to check my EDD status for the past couple of days lol
And as usual its still the same Jan 14-Feb 11. Every morning before I refresh, I think today is the day when I get my VIN but all I get is Disappointment.
I am sure formula for Delay Delivery = Red color and Tow Hitch
It's funny how anxious we can get despite not being near where the website said it would be delivered when we ordered. I assume with a MYLR ordered in September Tesla probably had it listed as February delivery on the website? I guess for mine I won't call it disappointment until/if they fail to deliver by the end of the month they told me when I ordered. That was December.

There was also someone earlier in the thread that got a miracle of my exact config at the same DC but with 19" wheels like 6 weeks after they ordered. But that's by far the exception. It's best not to try to make sense of it.

Reactions: Bbcheuk
Finally picking up my MYLR Wednesday of next week (12/8). It was ordered July 31, almost 19 weeks to delivery. I'm in south Florida. Car is white, blk/wht interior, standard wheels, no tow, FSD added. EDD has slipped all around; originally in early November, then slipped to late December, then to earlier in December. Got VIN about 10 days ago; uploaded insurance info about a week ago, then got a message to pick a time on Dec 8. I was going to prepay using Plaid as per Tesla app, but decided against it - won't give user name and login to my bank account to an app like this in spite of assurances that it is secure!

I already have purchased most of the accessories that I want, so am anxiously awaiting next Wednesday!!!

Finally picking up my MYLR Wednesday of next week (12/8). It was ordered July 31, almost 19 weeks to delivery. I'm in south Florida. Car is white, blk/wht interior, standard wheels, no tow, FSD added. EDD has slipped all around; originally in early November, then slipped to late December, then to earlier in December. Got VIN about 10 days ago; uploaded insurance info about a week ago, then got a message to pick a time on Dec 8. I was going to prepay using Plaid as per Tesla app, but decided against it - won't give user name and login to my bank account to an app like this in spite of assurances that it is secure!

I already have purchased most of the accessories that I want, so am anxiously awaiting next Wednesday!!!
What are the the other options for paying cash aside from Plaid? Just brining in a physical check/money order at time of pickup? I am trying to figure out the best payment method.

Reactions: SPACE_EX