Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our 2022 MYP white with white interior December 5, and the original date was supposed to be in Jan 16-Feb 13. I just saw that the date has now moved to Jan 2 - Jan 30!!!!

Also, when I went into the Tesla store, I inquired about whether or not the MYP would come with the new Ryzen chip, and the person said that only the Performance would – which is what I ordered! Anyways, first time (soon to be) Tesla owner, and we are ecstatic!

Carlsbad CA btw.

We ordered our 2022 MYP white with white interior December 5, and the original date was supposed to be in Jan 16-Feb 13. I just saw that the date has now moved to Jan 2 - Jan 30!!!!

Also, when I went into the Tesla store, I inquired about whether or not the MYP would come with the new Ryzen chip, and the person said that only the Performance would – which is what I ordered! Anyways, first time (soon to be) Tesla owner, and we are ecstatic!

Carlsbad CA btw.
Congratulations! My local dealer told me that MYP will be available as early as February. MYLR will be available sometimes after that.

I have to confess, I’m genuinely shocked that there are so many people here that continue to insist the $250 is credited toward the car purchase price. It is not. It is a FEE on top of the cost of the car, just like the destination fee, document fee, and license fee. The only reason that it appears with the negative sign on the purchase agreement is because it was already paid, i.e., you don’t need to pay it again. It doesn’t mean that it isn’t an additional fee.
we stuck on semantics. The $250.00 deposit is a part of the overall cost of a car. It will be credited at the time of purchase. And if one decides not to buy it, then Tesla keeps the deposit. Other dealers in my area require a lot more to order an SUV in high demand such as KIA Telluride.

Reactions: ShelJW
Tesla MY get $2000 rebate

Thank you for the information.
It is discussed earlier in this thread that is now very long. There is an income based requirement for this credit. In threads here and comments on Youtube, you can see people argue if people in that income bracket should be spending their money on a car that costs as much as a Model Y. Fun times.

Anyway, income caps are 150k for single filers, 204k for head of household, and 300k for joint filers.

It is discussed earlier in this thread that is now very long. There is an income based requirement for this credit. In threads here and comments on Youtube, you can see people argue if people in that income bracket should be spending their money on a car that costs as much as a Model Y. Fun times.

Anyway, income caps are 150k for single filers, 204k for head of household, and 300k for joint filers.
Multi-billion dollar car rental companies get the full rebate but individual tax payer has an income limit. In the same way the BBB bill allows full tax credit to the leasing company but when it comes to the individual tax payer suddenly everyone goes "well they can afford it". Every single time.

I placed my order for a 7-seater, white exterior, black interior, no upgraded rims on 08/14.
My original order date was January and has since been pushed to JUNE!!

On top of that baby #4 made an early appearance and our family of 6 no longer fit in our model 3!
congrats! IMO the June is a place holder. Maybe waiting on giga Austin / EDD being thrown off since people are putting stuff on hold.

I placed my order for a 7-seater, white exterior, black interior, no upgraded rims on 08/14.
My original order date was January and has since been pushed to JUNE!!

On top of that baby #4 made an early appearance and our family of 6 no longer fit in our model 3!
Hey... stop your whining.....

It could have been Baby #4 that was pushed to JUNE, and you got your Tesla Model Y on time!!!

JK... congrats!

EV credit is nice but I really hoping for the SALT caps to be raised.

EV credit is nice but I really hoping for the SALT caps to be raised.
I agree, it should be raised. I don't know about 80K, but 10K is far to low here in CA. Anyone with a decent job and who owns a house likely hits that ceiling pretty quickly. I think 30K-50K would be more than enough for most of those affected. Or at least double it for married filing jointly. Dual income households have the same limit as single income earners.

Reactions: ryneezy and leaftoy
I agree, it should be raised. I don't know about 80K, but 10K is far to low here in CA. Anyone with a decent job and who owns a house likely hits that ceiling pretty quickly. I think 30K-50K would be more than enough for most of those affected. Or at least double it for married filing jointly. Dual income households have the same limit as single income earners.
I agree with you as well. 30k - 50k should cover many California property owners. Doubling the current cap makes sense as well.