Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I need therapy. Waiting for this car since late July is making me insane.

I have a hard time reconciling how a company that touts machine learning and self-driving cars can’t, more accurately, estimate delivery dates. The only way I can square it is to realize they don’t care.

My timeline:
Ordered 28 July. Original delivery estimate was Nov 2021. Then pushed back to March 2022. Then, surprisingly, Dec 31. Then Jan 16- Feb 11. Then Jan 21 - 04 Feb. Just this morning it updated to Feb 05 - March 05.

I contacted the Tesla advisor when I saw the Jan 16 - Feb 11 window. After the advisor said that window was “pretty solid” I set up loan pre-approval. The new EDD window will put me past the pre-approval expiration. Very frustrating.

Thanks for reading - it’s a little bit cathartic to write about it…

The heck. I’m the exact opposite. All this time I thought I was setup for home delivery, but when it was time to schedule delivery, only option for me was to pick up at Buena Park. Idk, I just want the car.
Gotta be honest. I for sure thought I was just outside the zone (I’m in Rancho Cucamonga). But yeah. Let’s just get the car!

My delivery center is about 2 hours if that from Fremont. My SA texted me that there are shipping delays and my car won’t be at the delivery center tomorrow. They are hoping Monday. 😞
I fee this. I was supposed to get my car today but I was delayed by a day because the transport was delayed. They asked if I wanted the same time on Sunday instead of the Saturday pickup I had scheduled. I asked them to move it as early as possible on Sunday. I just want my car!!! Lol

Quick question about the $750 tax credit from CA. Does this get applied to purchase (so I owe $750 when picking up the car) - or do I get it back as a check in the mail or when filing taxes for the following year?
If someone could help out I'd appreciate it :D
It’s deducted as part of the purchase of the car. Just went through the document review/signing process and the agreement was there. You can also check your MVPA and you’ll see it as a line item deduction.

Reactions: xSCMx
I fee this. I was supposed to get my car today but I was delayed by a day because the transport was delayed. They asked if I wanted the same time on Sunday instead of the Saturday pickup I had scheduled. I asked them to move it as early as possible on Sunday. I just want my car!!! Lol

They pushed delivery out to Monday 10am but can’t even tell us if that is going to be our for sure appointment. Just said we will call you to schedule when we get the car.

Does everyone accont show this?
1642897969020.png

MYP Black, Black, no tow, no FSD
Ordered on 1/15/2022
Completed profile 1/15/2022
EDD 03/09-03/31

Picked up in Marina del Rey today.
Spent about an hour looking over the car.
Found a few things:
-Missing plastic nuts in right rear tire well (fixed on spot)
-Paint chip on drivers door (told to schedule service appt)
-Seat fold button in trunk for drivers side doesn't work (svc appt)
-Steering column makes a strange crunching sound when telescoping in and out. They told me its not a safety issue but it def doesn't sound right. Will prob inquire about this at the svc appt as well.

All in all not a bad experience.
Shoutout to Ken if you see this! You were great today, man!

Bonus: pic of my other toy 🏍️

20220122_132024.jpg
20220122_132149.jpg
20220122_132521.jpg
20220122_174639.jpg
20220122_171135.jpg

Picked up in Marina del Rey today.
Spent about an hour looking over the car.
Found a few things:
-Missing plastic nuts in right rear tire well (fixed on spot)
-Paint chip on drivers door (told to schedule service appt)
-Seat fold button in trunk for drivers side doesn't work (svc appt)
-Steering column makes a strange crunching sound when telescoping in and out. They told me its not a safety issue but it def doesn't sound right. Will prob inquire about this at the svc appt as well.

All in all not a bad experience.
Shoutout to Ken if you see this! You were great today, man!

Bonus: pic of my other toy 🏍️

View attachment 758989View attachment 758990View attachment 758991View attachment 758995View attachment 758993
Damn that looks good! Almost makes me regret getting an LR. almost ;). Now I need to dig up that checklist and print it out for my noon appointment tomorrow!

Scheduled to pickup on Monday in the Burbank location… it’s weird though, the address changed to 153 east cypress ave but was originally 811 S San Fernando blvd… which is also where I actually see the Tesla location on google maps… did anyone take delivery at the former address? Looks like an AMC….