Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone I spoke to said expect last month of the Quarter for CA deliveries. So unless you ordered in Feb and didn’t get a March delivery then I would say it’s pretty much going as expected.

Why others are getting deliveries probably has more to do with a coincidental configuration match for a car that may have had delivery cancelled or delayed (not necessarily a reject).
I was told to expect delivery in May. That along with the EDDs sets a false expectation. This is not my first Tesla and the first time we ordered it was much smoother process even with a longer timeframe to delivery. Because they set that expectation In the beginning.

Reactions: cheryltunt
I was told to expect delivery in May. That along with the EDDs sets a false expectation. This is not my first Tesla and the first time we ordered it was much smoother process even with a longer timeframe to delivery. Because they set that expectation In the beginning.
I agree that the EDD schizophrenia does little to make the ordering and delivery process an enjoyable one. I would say that this quarter with all of the delays and firmware updates needed to accommodate the radar change probably threw everything off and now they are just pushing deliveries out as fast as they can.

Hopefully everyone here waiting on a delivery will get a VIN in the next week or so. 🙏

So I called Buena Park SC and asked regarding about recent change in EDD to 3-13 weeks. I was told “I’m sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience but due to recent changes with Tesla vision, Will have to push back all the deliveries till software updates are done. whatever is in your account will be the most accurate EDD” then he proceeded “ you will be prioritized due to you completed most things in your account already so they will give your Vin first compared to others that didn’t complete it yet” then I asked, did you check my account already that’s why you know I completed it? Then he said “ can you give me your phone number?” 😒 then I was placed on hold .... (hopes up at the moment thinking they accidentally found a vin but then...) “sorry but your EDD will be between those days, thank you for being patient”.

So I called Buena Park SC and asked regarding about recent change in EDD to 3-13 weeks. I was told “I’m sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience but due to recent changes with Tesla vision, Will have to push back all the deliveries till software updates are done. whatever is in your account will be the most accurate EDD” then he proceeded “ you will be prioritized due to you completed most things in your account already so they will give your Vin first compared to others that didn’t complete it yet” then I asked, did you check my account already that’s why you know I completed it? Then he said “ can you give me your phone number?” 😒 then I was placed on hold .... (hopes up at the moment thinking they accidentally found a vin but then...) “sorry but your EDD will be between those days, thank you for being patient”.
Wow so they're not delivering until Tesla Vision update is done? haha what about all those who got their cars without radar already, don't drive it for couple weeks? haha

No luck on delivery yet. I called today to see why they haven’t reached out to schedule a specific date and they said the firmware update is done but they noticed a “paint imperfection” on the front fascia so that’s going to delay it. They tentatively scheduled me for home delivery this Friday (received vin last Friday).

• Disagree
Reactions: CupitCrew
Wow so they're not delivering until Tesla Vision update is done? haha what about all those who got their cars without radar already, don't drive it for couple weeks? haha
LOL who knows 🙄. It sucks coz I bought so much accessories while playing this waiting game and most of it are done with the 30day return policy now. So if it doesn’t work or doesn’t fit, I guess it will go straight to the trash. Smh.

Reactions: jgd108
Hey all, been lurking here for awhile but finally felt compelled to create an account and share in the misery. Ordered on 5/11, blue LR with everything else standard. Picking up in Vallejo.

It seems like I got EDDs when everyone else was changing to week ranges, which is odd. Just got my first estimates two days ago for 6/16-6/30. Yesterday changes to 6/21-6/30. This morning I am now at 6/24-6/30. This does not inspire confidence haha.

Went to the Home Depot near the Vallejo center here yesterday and saw them receiving delivery of several Model Ys. Not a single blue one in sight, though. Hopefully soon!

Reactions: Jen_v and JustYNot
18302BB5-CA85-4986-9C25-FB33DA64B4E8.jpeg

This is
This is crazy, I bet they will return back radar lol

• Funny
Reactions: 3nna
California hive mind, dumb question for y'all. My SA responded saying he sees a car with similar config except with the inductions...and that he'd be happy to try to match me to that immediately. But I'm thinking there's something wrong with it and someone prob rejected delivery of it. Is that pretty likely?

Lets be patient, they are pumping them out like crazy. Check this flyover from GABEINCALI from 5/28/21

100s of Model Ys after minute 4:31. We will see VINs soon.

(Also check the Semi testing and all the Models S waiting for their "Tweaks" before the June 10Th event)

I feel like this is actually not a ton of cars? Looks like 100ish, although good to see them trucking them off the lot. Meanwhile I'd like whatever job the guy at 6:45 has, thanks.

California hive mind, dumb question for y'all. My SA responded saying he sees a car with similar config except with the inductions...and that he'd be happy to try to match me to that immediately. But I'm thinking there's something wrong with it and someone prob rejected delivery of it. Is that pretty likely?
I'd get matched and at least take a look at it. I think it's actually p rare that people reject delivery—it's a common thing on these forums where people nerd out about the details but I bet most customers take what they get and trust the process. Might be that someone cancelled their order or deferred delivery.

Reactions: 3nna
Thanks!

Well, it's happening. I responded to my SA saying I'd totally be fine swapping. 10 mins later, I got a VIN, blue button, and a call from my SA letting me know they're gonna transport the car from Vallejo to Colma...then will circle back to schedule for pickup between Jun 3-6.

Moral of the story: it never hurts to ask. *shrug*
I assume you had to pay for the $2000 upgrade to the inductions, but did the entire car get re-priced? Assuming you ordered before the price increases.