Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick update from your fellow former waiter turned demo-seller-outer. ;)

I received the text to schedule delivery of my demo model this morning and chose the earliest one available: June 9 @ 2PM. It says I'm supposed to pick up at Burbank. If I stuck with my original order it would have been a home delivery. I'm not sure what it will end up being; we'll see what Burbank replies with.

I have been dreading looking at my original order (I haven't cancelled it just yet. I am going to try to see if I can get lucky somehow with a $100 credit, even just to the Tesla store or something. Long shot, I know.) for updates... 😂 I am still at June 5-25 on that one though.

I wish I could see my free supercharger miles/referrals anywhere. I have a couple thousand linked to my account but I am not 100% certain if they are attached to the car/order number or to the account holder.

Found one! Demo car with my exact specs. Couldnt hold the line any further. 1,000 miles but still has radar and front lumbar. hahaha! VIN 160xxx
1000 of the hardest miles your car will ever see unfortunately. I refuse to buy a demo. I know how I used to drive and how I would drive a demo car so personally not gonna ever buy a demo myself but congrats! At least you got your car!

1000 of the hardest miles your car will ever see unfortunately. I refuse to buy a demo. I know how I used to drive and how I would drive a demo car so personally not gonna ever buy a demo myself but congrats! At least you got your car!
I totally thought of this too when I was considering a demo. I probably took 500 miles off the tires alone in my 2 hour test drive.

OK I GAVE IN. I purchased a demo here in LA that had 347 miles on it (it's probably still there in the search results). I was also able to remove the FSD in my account after the fact. Easy peasy. It is not in my exact config--even better. It's in the config I really wanted and have been regretting not getting since day 1!

Original order: White on black, 20" Inductions, 5 seater, no tow no FSD.
Demo order: MSM on black, 19" Geminis*, 5 seater, no tow and removed FSD. VIN 161xxx. All in all there was a difference of $300ish in the order but I know that I'll be happier with MSM in the long run.

*I wish it had inductions but I can live with it, especially hearing all the curbing horror stories. My BF who will occasionally drive it is not exactly a careful one.

WHEW. Feels so weird dropping 58K on a sight unseen car just like that, but I'm happy with my choice. Hopefully I get the delivery text before the weekend. I wonder if they'll still deliver it to my house??? Hmmm...
congrats!!! I've been so close to pulling the trigger a few times. Have you received any update on when your pickup will be?

One way or another this will all be over on June 30th with or without a car. If its not delivered by June 30th I will cancel and forfeit the $100....Small price to pay to have my life back. I’m not waiting until the end of Sept. I dont “NEED” this car. This is a want purchase. At that point the juice wont be worth the squeeze
I have a very hard time believing that anyone who ordered (and didn't change anything) in April will not get a car this month. Remember, the last 2 weeks of this month they will essentially be making cars for CA only.

But as a data point, I specifically asked my SA if something were to happen and I didn't get my car in June, would it be bumped back to September and he said absolutely not (this is also when he used the word "guarantee" that I'd get my car in June). He said they definitely slow down deliveries in the US in the first month of the quarter but that previous quarter orders are given priority for the ones they do produce.

Order and profile date 4/23 MYP W/B/No Tow/No FSD Santa Barbara, CA pickup location EDD June 5th - June 20th but has been changing daily. Not holding my breath for Q2.
I order 4/20 MYP Blk/Blk, no tow, no fed, Fremont, delivery, EDD is June 5th - June 19th. And it's getting pushed back 1 day everyday for the last 4-5 days. SA not replying my emails. Not sure what's the deal at the moment.

I am assuming today around 4-5pm in the afternoon, it will get pushed back again.

I order 4/20 MYP Blk/Blk, no tow, no fed, Fremont, delivery, EDD is June 5th - June 19th. And it's getting pushed back 1 day everyday for the last 4-5 days. SA not replying my emails. Not sure what's the deal at the moment.

I am assuming today around 4-5pm in the afternoon, it will get pushed back again.
I honestly think you're going to be fine and will receive your vehicle in June. If your SA is not getting back to you, call the Fremont delivery center -- they are usually pretty responsive and may give you more info.

I have a very hard time believing that anyone who ordered (and didn't change anything) in April will not get a car this month. Remember, the last 2 weeks of this month they will essentially be making cars for CA only.

But as a data point, I specifically asked my SA if something were to happen and I didn't get my car in June, would it be bumped back to September and he said absolutely not (this is also when he used the word "guarantee" that I'd get my car in June). He said they definitely slow down deliveries in the US in the first month of the quarter but that previous quarter orders are given priority for the ones they do produce.
My SA said the same thing. I ordered 4/19. Hope that holds true. The demos are tempting, but...

Reactions: Emmadiane