Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another team Costa Mesa here! My EDD has been the same the past 3 days, 6/7 - 6/27. Ordered more accessories this week, frunk and trunk liners and that expensive garage door opener.
I have an entire pile of accessories waiting in my garage. Oh! And I talked to Tesla yesterday- the homelink install lead time is currently 1-2 weeks.

Your EDD gives me hope for an earlier delivery. I am holding steady at June 14-28.

Reactions: jgd108
I have an entire pile of accessories waiting in my garage. Oh! And I talked to Tesla yesterday- the homelink install lead time is currently 1-2 weeks.

Your EDD gives me hope for an earlier delivery. I am holding steady at June 14-28.
Thanks for the timeline on the homelink install. Too bad you got false hope with that screwed up VIN assignment! Someone mentioned that deliveries will move to a parking structure on Main St. in Irvine as we get close to the end of the quarter. We may all meet there. ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you...

V O X I M U S

DCA33FB3-D6C5-4936-B214-39AFED401987.jpeg

There are a few cosmetic things that Tesla is coming out to fix including some rock chips, a small scratch, and some swirls, but panel gap wise she is INCREDIBLY clean and well put together for being a demo car build 3/25.

(and yes I am posing like a stupid YouTube because A. It’s funny and B. Unfortunately I am one.)

I got a quote from OC Tint Solutions - they have great reviews and the owner has a Model Y. I reached out on Yelp. For 3M, the two front windows was $250, the windshield is an extra $250. To do everything but the sunroof is $850. (The back windows are tinted, but don’t have UV protection).

I haven’t decided on % yet, curious what other people are doing. OC Tint Solutions has a You Tube channel where they show a few of the different options.
If you want to make a small drive to Carlsbad, the shop I go to will charge $85 for model y fronts using global window tint - NR quick dry plus

Last edited:
Reactions: Emmadiane
The +1 day move everyday for the past 6 days is really killing me. I wonder if it just means that the car is ready, but delivery doesn't have capacity to fulfill the order. I am hoping the +1 day just means I am getting closer.
Contact your SA and ask for the “pacing dates”. They have a much smaller window and can see when your car is scheduled to be built. I think they’re hesitant to give this info out voluntarily because it can still change and they don’t want you to come back and yell at them if it does.

Reactions: Emmadiane