Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! Been following the thread for a while, but this is my first post. Waiting for a blue MYLR. Ordered on 4/26 at Colma SC, and the EDD is currently 6/7-6/27.

I'm new to the Tesla world, but have seen many recommending PPF. For the folks in the Bay Area, do you have any recommendations for good shops you can get PPF at, and how much it costs?

Reactions: Maxters
Is that the Time of Use Prime plan? I had no idea there were so many options for electricity plans
Yes, TOU-D-PRIME. Basically you don't charge your car, use heavy appliances or the AC during peak hours (5pm-9pm). Charging the tesla uses a lot of kwh.. and I was paying more with the original tier rate plan compared to a TOU ev plan.

Hi. I changed my rate to the TDU Prime once I got my M3. I just make sure to not to charge the car between 4pm and 9pm. I have noticed a difference in the monthly bill. Not drastic, but still worth it in my opinion. :)
Have you already been through a summer with that rate plan? 5-9p is prime a/c time - I was concerned that would end up being way more expensive. Thanks for the info!

I feel like mine has changed daily for the past month. The last two days it finally sat on the window of June 10-30 for two full days. Its bounced between 3-13 weeks and if it flashes dates its been anywhere from Mid-May to end of June since I ordered.

I don't mind that much since we have two cars and aren't handicapped by the wait. I would say though, I'm really looking forward to no more gas stops. Our Tahoe weekend trips (from Grass Valley) are running us 50-70 bucks per fill up these days.
That's a pretty ride through 20

I'm also looking for rec's for PPF, only high impact areas to keep the cost down but protect.

I'm up in the east county area, but goto Oakland.

Hi all! Been following the thread for a while, but this is my first post. Waiting for a blue MYLR. Ordered on 4/26 at Colma SC, and the EDD is currently 6/7-6/27.

I'm new to the Tesla world, but have seen many recommending PPF. For the folks in the Bay Area, do you have any recommendations for good shops you can get PPF at, and how much it costs?

Question for Southern California Edison customers - have you looked into changing your rate plans?
I think I'll also switch to the TOU-D-PRIME. Easy to set the charging during off-peak rates. Just have to be careful with home appliances during peak time.

1623002548545.png

My EDD had been hovering around 6/20-6/30, then disappeared all together. On Tuesday my SA confirmed his system was showing delivery on schedule for the week of 6/22.
Then, on Thursday my dates came back showing 7/3-7/23. This morning I emailed my SA and he confirmed his system is showing a build date of 7/10. 😫

Anyone in the Bay Area change their PGE plan? We have solar (not Tesla) and wondering what our best option would be.
We have Tesla solar (got it in 2016 when it was still Solar City). We’re currently on the Tiered E-1 plan as most of our electricity is being consumed at roughly the same times we’re generating it. Right now our annual True-Up is running about $200 more than previous years. I’m not sure if this is because of the recently changed rate plans or because I built a detached office last summer with a mini split AC. True-Up is in October so I’m holding off till then to make any real changes. I plan to do a deep dive with my usage data around that time too.

Reactions: JC29