Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/24. This morning, moved from 6/22-6/30 to 7/1-7-21. So, in the last few weeks, I have seen EDD in June, July and August. This is a little crazy.
Lots of April dates that still don't have VINS. I don't think its that crazy...

I'm not sure if anyone here gets how manufacturing works. But I've worked at several places that have large manufacturing processes all over the place. There is a tough time getting bits and pieces that support parts of everything right now. I used to work for a bike helmet company called Giro, and they build helmets in China as well as Illinois. Some are reliant on third party parts or materials. All of them right now are short staffed from the pandemic. Go try and order a Mountain bike, or bike helmet right now. Some waits are even worst.

Not trying to call you out specifically, but trying to inspire a calming vibe around here. So much of this, Tesla included is based on other suppliers and companies missing shipments, or being short on their end as well whether its staffing, or materials.

I've been through this before with Tesla and it didn't work out how I hoped, however that was for very different purposes. Ask some Ford Bronco folks how they're feeling about their wait right now...

Now that Srleadjb got his car they can finally start making blue ones.

Hopefully they start delivering blue the rest of this week and then maybe I can have my car early. Oddly enough my EDD hasn't fluctuated. It's been roughly 19-30 (give or take 3 days on the frontend) Wonder if it's because red is literally the last color so they know it's going to be the last week.

Lots of April dates that still don't have VINS. I don't think its that crazy...

I'm not sure if anyone here gets how manufacturing works. But I've worked at several places that have large manufacturing processes all over the place. There is a tough time getting bits and pieces that support parts of everything right now. I used to work for a bike helmet company called Giro, and they build helmets in China as well as Illinois. Some are reliant on third party parts or materials. All of them right now are short staffed from the pandemic. Go try and order a Mountain bike, or bike helmet right now. Some waits are even worst.

Not trying to call you out specifically, but trying to inspire a calming vibe around here. So much of this, Tesla included is based on other suppliers and companies missing shipments, or being short on their end as well whether its staffing, or materials.

I've been through this before with Tesla and it didn't work out how I hoped, however that was for very different purposes. Ask some Ford Bronco folks how they're feeling about their wait right now...

I get the delays and the supply chain distortions wreaking havoc on all manufacturers. BTW, if you order a Levo SL now, EDD is summer 2022... :) What I find a little crazy are the constant, seemingly random, changes in EDD. Waiting 2 months for a car is fine (we waited 6 weeks for the X), but going from end of June to August, to end of June to July in probably 10 days is slightly bizarre. It's definitely not the end of the world. I have a car, that I barely drive since WFH, so it's probably more entertaining than anything.

I get the delays and the supply chain distortions wreaking havoc on all manufacturers. BTW, if you order a Levo SL now, EDD is summer 2022... :) What I find a little crazy are the constant, seemingly random, changes in EDD. Waiting 2 months for a car is fine (we waited 6 weeks for the X), but going from end of June to August, to end of June to July in probably 10 days is slightly bizarre. It's definitely not the end of the world. I have a car, that I barely drive since WFH, so it's probably more entertaining than anything.
My Yeti SB 140 is out 8 months.

Its a computer system that estimates dates on how the line moves i'm assuming. Generally speaking in my experience from my previous job, basically if the speed of production goes fast estimated dates and completions of batch deliveries will go up. Then if they slow down or are missing a part it'll stretch out. When I'd watch it you'd see 10-15 changes a day. The difference here is that the distributor would see the dates rather than customer. Since Tesla deals direct, i'm assuming thats why everyone sees the crazy movement. Again I don't know how it works for Tesla, this is just from previous jobs so i'm just guessing.

Last Tuesday my SA said I was on track for delivery 6/22, then 2 days later my dates jumped to July and SA said scheduled for production 7/10.
Same here, I have a car so I'm fine, just wild how quickly it can vary

I think once they start rolling off the production line, the last two weeks of the quarter many folks on here will start getting VIN matches and calls to confirm delivery on/before 6/30. If you can't take it by 6/30 they will drop your VIN and give it to the next matching configuration. It's going to be a sh*t show. It usually is each EOQ.

I'm out of town 6/26 to July, so I'll miss out, but I almost expect to get a VIN match in that time just as they push to deliver as many as they can.

My Yeti SB 140 is out 8 months.

Its a computer system that estimates dates on how the line moves i'm assuming. Generally speaking in my experience from my previous job, basically if the speed of production goes fast estimated dates and completions of batch deliveries will go up. Then if they slow down or are missing a part it'll stretch out. When I'd watch it you'd see 10-15 changes a day. The difference here is that the distributor would see the dates rather than customer. Since Tesla deals direct, i'm assuming thats why everyone sees the crazy movement. Again I don't know how it works for Tesla, this is just from previous jobs so i'm just guessing.

Makes perfect sense.

Man, I've been here so long complaining everyday, I just realize I don't even know what happens now that I got my VIN. Just shows how self consumed I have been LOL...

I guess its probably too early to start calling Burbank haha..
Never too early to start calling once you got that VIN! If I remember correctly, both of us were told that it would be home delivery and not pick up.

Let us know how that goes