Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know Tesla fulfills their CA orders last in each quarter, but it’s hard for me to have hope at this point. Placed order 4/3 in Burbank, immediately received a VIN the following Monday so I had the SA hold delivery. EDD has been moved from late May to early June, and it’s been moving back every few days, and it’s now June 20-30. No VIN yet. Fairly straightforward design (MYLR AWD, White, 20”, Black Interior, No Tow). The lease on my current car is up on the 24th, so looks like I gotta extend….
Check what your lease buyout is and what carvana is offering. My current Mazda CX-5 lease buyout is 13k but carvana is offering 21k for my car.

Reactions: ToneeO
Nice. Can you reply in the thread below? Easier to keep track. Thanks!

Can we do something similar for Bay Area?

It’s hard waiting, but I love getting to celebrate with each person who gets a VIN, seeing the pics of their new car, and what their delivery experience was like.
totally agree - please keep posting here if you get your VIN!! good news makes this forum fun

Maybe because I woke up to an overcast LA morning, that seeing my EDD pushed another day (June 15-29) this morning is making me feel :mad:. Amazing what a difference of 3 months makes. I bought my M3 in January and it literally took a day. Ordered my MY in April and it's months. Ugh. And to top it off, I got rid of my ICE suv in anticipation of the Y being delivered. So now my family looks at me with scorn every morning because we have one car. Lol I know, I know, first world problems, but sheesh I'm ticked. Particularly when you see May orders getting vins and deliveries. Looks like I will be going to MDR again tomorrow and ask them in person, nicely of course ;), where the heck is my car! Ok, rant/vent over. Maybe I'll feel better when the sun comes out. Lol.
same here. let us know what they say when you head over to MDR? was going to take a trip over there myself

Reactions: liuster and Greg007
What’s up everyone! We ordered our Tesla and now the waiting game starts.
Here is our updates so far.

MYLR
-induction wheels
-tow hitch
-black interior
-5 seat

5/27/21- Order date
5/28/21- Profile completed
6/13/21- Current estimated wait 2-13 weeks

Reading through posts, it seems like the delivery may be very close to the high end but let’s see.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Check what your lease buyout is and what carvana is offering. My current Mazda CX-5 lease buyout is 13k but carvana is offering 21k for my car.
It’s a great idea, unfortunately my BMW would be upside down in the deal (Carvana quote is $26K, my 330gt lease buyout is close to $28K).

My husband thinks we should turn in the bimmer to avoid paying CA registration for another year. I’m willing to roll the dice if we get a VIN before the lease is up.

…So the wait continues….

Reactions: JustYNot
Ordered 4-30-21, MYLR, RED, BLK INTER, NO FSD, NO HITCH, 20’ WHEELS. EDD...7-7-21 thru 7-27-21. We too sold one of our daily drivers. EDD Read 6-15 thru 6-29 yesterday.

I am in the same boat with an order date of 4-25. My EDD was June 20-30 yesterday, now jumped to July 5-July 25.

PURE NONSENSE! They need to get all April orders out in June - if I see anything else about a May order....😢🤯

Reactions: Llawll
It’s a great idea, unfortunately my BMW would be upside down in the deal (Carvana quote is $26K, my 330gt lease buyout is close to $28K).

My husband thinks we should turn in the bimmer to avoid paying CA registration for another year. I’m willing to roll the dice if we get a VIN before the lease is up.

…So the wait continues….

I did the same and turned in my BMW lease to avoid paying registration for a year and I am still waiting (turned my car in early May). You just never know with Tesla. I might be heading back to BMW at this rate.